Relay use?

I keep looking, but I cannot find a straight answer on how to use my r/c transmitter to control the onboard relay.  I enter CLI and go into setup- type 'tune 9' and it shows a change from 0 (.015) to 1 but does not activate the relay.  I have searched the forum pages repeatedly, but its all vague on generic use. I do not want to activate the relay just through the APM-  I want to turn on my lights at any time via my transmitter without the computer.  Are there options built in for this? Please help...

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

@Eric- You said, Quote. ... "I do not want to activate the relay just through the APM-  I want to turn on my lights at any time via my transmitter without the computer."
    You answered your own question!
    Just use your R/C transmitter!!
  • Arducoptor in this case. I have a few 1w cree xlamps that I want to switch on remotely- and off to save power. The relay was one of the reasons (among many) I got the Ardupilot hardware- I don't want to buy and fly more electronics if the AP can do it.

• Developer

ArduPlane or ArduCopter?  This is not a feature in ArduPlane.  Don't know about ArduCopter.  If you just want to turn lights on from your rc transmitter, you don't need to run that through APM at all - there are RC LED control boards you can use for that.

This reply was deleted.

Activity