Resume Auto Mission after Battery Change

If I have a large survey grid area that I want mapped and it requires several flight battery changes to complete, what is the best method to resume my auto mission using mission planner?

For example:

If I have a 50 waypoint mission setup and after 30 waypoints I need to land and change out flight batteries how do I get the auto mission to restart at waypoint 31?  

I assume if after a battery change, simply engaging the same auto flight mode mission the aircraft will head to waypoint 1 and not 31. If instead I use a mission planner "Action" and send a "Set WP" command to waypoint 31, will it resume the mission starting with waypoint 31? This seems logical but I am waiting for the weather to clear before I can test it. Furthermore, after changing a battery and getting airborne would you engage your auto flight mode switch before or after setting the action "Set WP" command? 

Here is my planned protocol. Please help if something seems wrong:

1) Fly first leg of auto mission, land, change flight batteries

2) Aircraft airborne, engage auto flight mode. (craft heading to wp 1)

3) Use MP and "Action" tab to Set WP to 31. Auto mission will continue where left off.

Thanks,

Carl

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is there any better solution instead of manual overide or split off the mission into several smaller part?

I'm facing a similar problem as well. I have a relatively short flight time (~12 min) quad. Everytime i want to survey a large area, i have to split off my mission into several part. Is there any approach if the quad

fly in a mission-->call it to land --> change the flight battery --> resume mission where it left

Would be very nice if that option is available.

• ...to followup in case this comes up for others out there:

I did a flight today and my protocol assumptions were correct. After changing batteries and getting the aircraft airborne again, I triggered the auto mission flight mode first and the aircraft took off for WP1. I then did a quick manual "Action" in MP to Set WP to where it last left off and the aircraft took off for that WP and proceeded to resume the auto mission. Very nice.

This reply was deleted.

Activity