ROI mission test

I tried a ROI mission test and all went well.  My gimbal tracked the target fairly well.  I think my camera pitch might be off a few degrees but I am very pleased.  A big THANK YOU to all the developers that have made this possible.  If you watch the video please keep comments about my takeoff to a minimum. I had removed my mapping camera payload and with the loss of the 14 oz it started to takeoff early and caught me by surprise. 

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

https://youtu.be/OCVRgNz-WyM

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nice work.  Which camera and gimbal is that?  I assume this was a 3-axis brushless with the yaw set to follow?  Or how else was it doing the yaw referencing?

Same about the shake on the camera though.  Looks like you were running about 1550 rpm? I've had better results at 1800, though it costs flight time.

Nothing wrong with that takeoff IMO. ;)

• Hey Rob,  The headspeed is 1550 and the vibration get worse with a higher headspeed.  I'm using a Feiyu tech 3 axis gimbal.  Yaw follows the nose of the helicopter but buffers the movement to determine if it should move to the new heading or just hold its heading.  It could be my blade tracking although it looks good visually. I thought I might pick a turnbuckle and turn it one way a half a turn, test, then go back a half and see if that makes a difference.  But the big problem is, I think,  the gimbal and camera is mounted 7 1/2 inches in front of the main shaft. This is just going to magnify any vibration I have.  If I move it under the main shaft the Canon 110 payload would have to me moved and I would need to rework my landing gear.  The video seems really smooth when I am coming down from altitude and was smoother with the mapping payload on.

When I flew that short mission I was just glad to see pitch on the gimbal do what the code was telling it to do.

The camera is a Hero 3+ Black set at 1080 - 60p

Regards,

David R. Boulanger

This reply was deleted.

Activity