Senior design team - Looking to create open source swarm software..Ideas on where to start?

HI DIYDRONES!

I'm representing a NAVAIR & Virginia Tech University sponsored Electrical and Computer Engineering senior design team - VTGCS

We want to make open source Ground Control Software that can control multiple drones at once.

We have one year, funding and four members.

So I've been looking into some existing software to build out, and I've found

DroneCode with QGroundControl,

and Ardupilot with Mission Planner

also several other GCS's like APM Planner 2, etc..

Anyway, we want our UAV's to be able to work together for mapping out areas, or search and rescue, or even carrying payloads together, etc.. At the very least, if we don't implement these things, we would like to build the framework to allow you to.

Our team is committed for the next year to build such a system that we can give back to the community, and I'm hoping that some of ya'll enthusiasts can point us in the right direction, specifically -

Which open source software should we add to and build out so that said system can support concurrent control of multiple simultaneously?
Though, if you have other ideas to accomplish our objective, I'm psyched to hear them.

VTGCS head software guy,
Luke Knoble

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! I'm currently developing GCS, which can handle multiply vehicles. And it is open source ofcourse. Code & binaries you can find here: https://github.com/MishkaRogachev/JAGCS
And i'm very interested in swarm projects, so i will be habby to collaborate. You can also e-mailme to mishkarogachev@gmail.com

Awesome! Thanks, I'll check it out.

Have you looked into Buzz much? We would like to use it in conjunction with the GCS.

Mishka said:

Hi! I'm currently developing GCS, which can handle multiply vehicles. And it is open source ofcourse. Code & binaries you can find here: https://github.com/MishkaRogachev/JAGCS
And i'm very interested in swarm projects, so i will be habby to collaborate. You can also e-mailme to mishkarogachev@gmail.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2018   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service