Share your drone info thread

Hi everyone,

I'm creating this thread to share your drone/copter information. I believe, this would help immensely for newbies like me during the initial build. For example, the Chris's blog on cheap Hobby King quad configuration is really a good resource.  

I don't want to burden anyone who is willing to share their info. Hence all fields are optional. Atleast the first 5 fields are ideal. Please find the list of fields to copy/paste at the end, so you can start filling :-). 

Here goes information about my quad.

frame: Quadcopter (3DRobotics)
controller/autopilot: APM1
esc: 20A (3DRobotics)
motors: 850Kv (3DRobotics)
propellers: 10x47, APC (3DRobotics)
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:  4S 3300mAh (Turnigy nano-tech)
total weight: -- lbs
flying time: 15 minutes (average)

radio: Turnigy 9X 
video/osd: none
other: Sonar, Xbee, GPS/Mag, Attopilot current sensor

Misc: 

Turnigy 9X: Mode1 -> Mode2 change, Li-ion battery hack
photos:

3690911422?profile=original 

3690911286?profile=original

3690911495?profile=original

-------------

frame:
controller/autopilot:
esc:
motors:
propellers:
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:
total weight: -- lbs
flying time:

radio:
video/osd:
other:

Misc (hacks/mods):

photos:

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You have a cool looking drone Alex.

• We have a Drone of a very high technology which can be use through Bluetooth, WiFi, extremely easy to fly in the air to take a variety of pictures through the Drones and this all connected to your phone. 

dronespree.com - This website is for sale! - dronespree Resources and Information.
    This website is for sale! dronespree.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of…
  • Hello all

Here is my mini y6

http://miniy6.blogspot.co.za/

• Here is my contribution,

i have built a couple of these frames, and slightly improving them as i go along. i have used google sketchup to do the digital drawings and then cut them out on a cnc router.

i posted them on 3d warehouse for others to use, or to just use them in in other models, or to use parts like motors etc from my drawings.

There is more info about them in the text below the downloads in the sketchup 3d warehouse.

on what motors i used where i bought the parts etc.

this 2 has been built, see link below:

Sketchup racing quad for cnc

Picture of the first of the frames.

3702206045?profile=original

this is the drawings on my next build:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=u37aed752-b5d5-4740-...

i will built it when i get the time to do the cnc cutting...  :)

• MR60

love the CAD. wish i could do that!

if you are really serious about building light weight "hot" FPV racers, my brother Jim and i just spent a lot of time optimizing one for the winner of the Arizona open.

we also spent time with a photographer in Florida modifying his extremely similar ship to remove weight (several hundred grams).

if interested in sharing ideas, send me a friend request.

• Hi, sennd you a friend request.

my cad drawing is not 100% focused on weight savings as i do not race. i put in a mesure for strength as well. so it probably can come quite a bit down in weight. there is no races around where i live, 

and i just fly for fun. i need a litle strenght in the quad for when i crash.

for the cad drawing, sketchup make is one of the easyest programs to use, and it is free. can be recomended and used for a lot of diffrent applications.

building drones is just an hobby of mine, but it is always funn shering ideas.

• Hello everyone,
    I am new to the world of drones and am looking to get into them, I have flown heli's for years and am trying to get my feet wet in the drone world and have a chance to pick one up at a descent price , I don't know if it is a diy one or not , here is a photo of it , does anyone recognize the maker of there is one , Amy info would greatly be appreciated and thank you in advance !

image.jpeg

• I would find out what model that Naza controller is then google and see the features. But that is a very common and respected brand controller although people here mostly prefer the pixhawks as they are generally far more advanced for auto flights. What kind of transmitter does it come with? 

It has 6 motors which makes it more worthy of carrying some of the better cameras if that is something you would want to do. The construction is good in that if you break an arm they can be replaced. Some drones are hard to find parts for. One factor is how good are those motors.. Look at them and see what brand and model they are. To build that would probably cost you around $500-$1000 depending several factors. 

• I believe it was a flysky 6 or 7 channel, he is asking $300 , do t know if it's a good price or not don't know much about the naza controller or if they are good as I stated I am used to heli's. I am new to this all
        • On the down side.... it's big. Harder to transport. Many people are moving to smaller quads these days. I'd ask yourself what you want it for. If it's aerial photography that is a great platform. It can easily carry a gopro and a gimbal. If it's FPV it's much bigger than you'd really want. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity