Hi everyone,

I'm creating this thread to share your drone/copter information. I believe, this would help immensely for newbies like me during the initial build. For example, the Chris's blog on cheap Hobby King quad configuration is really a good resource.  

I don't want to burden anyone who is willing to share their info. Hence all fields are optional. Atleast the first 5 fields are ideal. Please find the list of fields to copy/paste at the end, so you can start filling :-). 

Here goes information about my quad.

frame: Quadcopter (3DRobotics)
controller/autopilot: APM1
esc: 20A (3DRobotics)
motors: 850Kv (3DRobotics)
propellers: 10x47, APC (3DRobotics)
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:  4S 3300mAh (Turnigy nano-tech)
total weight: -- lbs
flying time: 15 minutes (average)

radio: Turnigy 9X 
video/osd: none
other: Sonar, Xbee, GPS/Mag, Attopilot current sensor

Misc: 

Turnigy 9X: Mode1 -> Mode2 change, Li-ion battery hack
photos:

-------------

frame:
controller/autopilot:
esc:
motors:
propellers:
motor to motor distance: -- inches

battery:
total weight: -- lbs
flying time:

radio:
video/osd:
other:

Misc (hacks/mods):

photos:

Views: 134005

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well pointed!! I'll try and make their frame more "hollow" like just border and diagonals for strenght and screws.!

Thanks you saved me some money already i was going to made them cut in aluminium tomorow!!

I just love quads dont like hex or octos very much dont ask me why its the simple X in the sky that i like to see :)

Hugs

^^ no problem :) But i realyl dont get how you want to achieve 25 mins of flighttime. Hex? Wich ot wothout camera/gimbal. I have right now with my quad about 12 mins of hovering and slow flying (2.4 kg (gimbal+ camera etc)

I don't get it too for now but i promisse that is my second main goal the first is the finishing design ( like offitial SIS design :P! I stoped making weight calculations since i'm still waiting for parts to arrive!! 

What motors and controlers do you have?

I got turnigy plush 4 x 30 AMP, 4 x Torxpower 710KV and 4 x Graupner E-prop 11x5.

I do this since one year and found out, that this quad is pretty awesome :P

This one I did yesterday with a Nikon AW110

Attachments:

here are my three "drones" ....

Attachments:

hi already poted discussion but:

Hello all!

Im a 13 year old game developer and recently ive been low on money (27 dollars) to finish building my Racing game and my GTA game in unity3d. anyways me and my friend always loved quadcopters. and we loved autonomous stuff. so we came up with plans to build a UAV Autonomous (and manual controlled) drone. Its called the LucasGame x4. it will be built upon a multiwii flight controller since they are cheap and good. we wanted to start up a small internet (and local too!) business building and selling them. unfortunately we dont have enough money to build one as we need a prototype for demonstration. so we started an IndieGogo campaign to help raise money for us to build one. our goal is 600 dollars but in order to build it we only need about 400. the other 200 is to cover campaign fee, domain name, etc) so we need a minimum of 400 dollars and if we dont make it to 600, we can try opening a crap free webstore. anyways, could you drone lovers find it in your hearts to donate to our campaign and make our dream come true?

the drone can be flown either with GPS points plotted out on a computer or manually with the included flyky TX/RX. it estimated battery time is about 10-20 mins using a low end battery (just for prototype, we will use best parts possible for final models). the frame is a Turnigy H.A.L quad frame because of the durability, price, and load capacity. if you have any other questions please dont hesitate to ask and please if you can, donate. Every penny counts!!

LucasGame x4 drone campaign

Hi Luke

I am an IT consultant, mainly de-hacking and giving online support for about 1000 sites. If it helps I can supply you with a free UK based web hosting on one of our cloud servers for use on your project.

Best of luck

hey that sounds great! is it like a dot com domain and can i host a wix.com site on it?

email me lucas.thegreat@live.com

Hi

I can supply the hosting, thats the bit where you put your website, you will need to register a domain name and I will give you the nameservers to add to it

Not sure where you are but if you are in the UK register a domain at 123reg i can give you instructions

email me colin@otus.co.uk

frame: Tricopter (Flitetest AnyCopter)
controller/autopilot: APM 2.5.2
esc: MultiStar 30A opto
motors: DT750
propellers: 11x4.7, SlowFly
motor to motor distance: 54cm / 21,26 inches
battery:  2x 3S 2200mAh (Turnigy nano-tech 45-90C)
total weight: 1642g / 3.62 lbs
flying time: 16+ minutes (about freezing temperature)
radio: Turnigy 9X V2, Er9x
video/osd: MinimOSD
other:

• All 3 motors are servo articulated, mounted with Flitetest anycopter motormount.
  • Extra plates added to frame for more mounting space,
  • Servos, HobbyFly 9g, ballbearing, metalgear digital,
  • Maxbotix LV-EZ0 Sonar,
  • 3DR 433Mhz radio, 
  • uBlox LEA6 GPS, 
  • Turnigy 5A SBEC, 
  • 3x 25V 2200uF capasitors, 
  • #808V2 (D-lens) keyring camera, 
  • Mobius camera, 
  • Gopro Hero 3, 
  • Hobbyking 3-way video switch

Amokka, any pics of your Tri? I love the Anycopter setup, mine is a Octo