Sharp yaw corrections create instability in 2.71

Is anyone else having this issue? If I give a full left or right on the rudder, after i let go the copter wobbles quite badly on a diagonal axis (i'm assuming its the opposite pair). Did i miss something? This wasn't an issue before with previous firmware, but at the same time it was not quite as responsive. I tried toning down the travel but I found I couldn't arm the board anymore. I suppose the arms could be bent, (i'm using a jakub lunar explorer frame with aluminum arms so it's hard to tell, but if they're off, its not bad at all.

Ideas?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm flying an APM2 on a Delrin Tricopter and getting odd yaw behavior in 2.7.1 - it seems like it turns counter-clockwise very easily with only a little bit of stick, and has a bit of momentum that keeps it turning.  Clockwise is the opposite, I've got to push the stick quite a bit to get it to turn at all and when I return it to center it kind of bounces back a bit.  I assumed this was a tuning issue that I needed to work on - maybe it's not?

• This might be a issuse regarding the compass if you are in simple mode.

The compass can be interfered with during flight. If it changes from takeoff then there is a

condition that wires produce EMF to the compass. 

This is caused by throttle to the motors increasing their amp draw wires near a adjacent magnetometer ;-)

• At the very least, any idea when next firmware release is hoped for? I would really like to flash the fix on there but im not sure where to start, if someone would kindly give me an idea...

• I suspect a tweaked frame myself, but if it's off it's not off by much. Regardless, knowing that there is a fix, i googled as much as I could and couldn't find the links to the current revision. Any chance i can bug one of you for the link?

• Jason has been working on this.

I personally believe that it might have a lot to do with uneven thrust vectors (tweaked frame, twisted motors), as you are only the second person I have heard mention this.

• Developer

Yes, this has been identified. The current trunk has a fix in place. If you want to grab that one you can or wait until the next point release.

Jason

This reply was deleted.

Activity