Short (34 ohms) between power rails?

Hello,

I have what seems to be a fully functional ArduIMU v2.  I can program it via Arduino IDE and see the output on the serial console.  Everything seems to be working quite fine but there is a peculiarity that I have not been able to reconcile.

When I measure the resistance between VCC (5V) and GND (ground) I get a reading of 34 Ohms... in fact, the multi-meter catalogs it as a short circuit.  Furthermore, if I measure the current consumption of the board, once it finishes the ground start routine, I measure roughly 145mA.  The peculiarity here is that if there WAS a short, I would expect 147mA due to the short in addition to the power consumption of the 3.3 regulator, sensors, ATMega, etc.  yet all I measure is 145mA.

Does anybody know why there's I'm reading such a low resistance between the power rails, yet have what seems to be a functional board?  

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you for sharing this article. It is really useful, hope you can share more other articles.

https://apkxyz.com/

APK Downloader - Download APK files free - ApkXyz.com
    APK Downloader online - Free download Android at ApkXyz.com. Download popular android apps and games from Play Store for all latest version
  • Hello,

Measuring the resistance across 5V and GND on several pins for one of our ArduIMU's here at the store, the resistance is hundreds of kilo ohms. It could be a faulty capacitor on your board, shorting but not fully. If you have something with a very low resistance on the board, it will work, but it will draw a lot of current.

This reply was deleted.

Activity