Sky walker X8 high wind stability problem

I have twe sky walker platforms both with different setups.the problem is in above 14 mph winds then spiral in while doing quite tight turns which they refuse to recover ..even the ardupilot cannot cope .. Should I move to the skyHunter instead Anyone have any ideas please .. Gina

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• more or less deltawings are more sensitive to winds and more difficult to fly.

i think that apm or pixhawk cannot easy handle stalls, although they have STALL_PREVENTION.

• Shifting the CG has helped a little.However it appears to have shifted the spiral problem to another slower wind speed .How odd is that .I do think the winglets are good but not perfect.How I wish I has a skyhunter for christmas.G

• You need to move your CG forward 1-2cm from the recommended point.

Chris

Hi , speed is your insurance, in high winds increase your cruise speed by at least 3 m/s. The loss of control also shows your CG is too far back. Move it forward 1/4-1/2 inch and retry
  • Hi there yes it can happen. The stall speed is about 11m/s. Once stall it will spiral. You can try placing wing fences to help stop flow seperating.
This reply was deleted.

Activity