Skywalker 1900 , gridmission skipping patch and not following waypoints correct

Hi all,

After alway's flying manual(20 years)  i wanted to help a farmer to do some arial mapping. I have build a Skywaker 1900 flying nice and trimmed manual and also easy to fly in assisted flight.

In auto (grid) mission it does not follow each path correct and also skipping waypoints, i did already a auto tune on the plane. after that i created a automission with a box and tune the L1 parameter back from 20 to 16 (15 did not get any more accuracy). Changed also the max banking angle from the std 45 to 50, it can do nice corners but for some reason it does not follow the flight path correctly and even worse skipping waypoints

I use a PixHawk 2.1 with the Here+ gps. using Adruplane 3.8.4 and mission planner 1.3.56. All digital servo's running on 4s. GPS signal is excellent, i am out of ideas what to check next. 

I have set overshoot to 80 meter and leadin to 20 meters to help the plane to get on track on time but it does terrible job at it. Way-point radius is set to 10 meters. See attached screenshot

I am not speaking natural English, if something is unclear please ask.

Views: 353

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok

Brent,

I've forwarded the file. Please keep in mind that the setup depends on your servos, servo lengths, servo speed ect. This setup tracks like my bird is on rails - very good.

I have a large composite 2.5m V-tail pusher setup that lifts a larger 800g camera that had the same issues as yours. I had bad path tracking and long sluggish turns. Eventually I found the problem to be - don't laugh - my rudder direction in the FBW, Stabilize and auto modes were in the wrong direction.

Have a good read at the yaw control in this part:

http://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/roll-pitch-controller-tuning.html?h...

I hope you find your solution.

Good luck.

Hi Antonie,

Got the param file looking into it. Work was interfering with this project , hoping to do some more tweaking and testing this week , if it's staying dry outside

It's from a Skywalker 1900 correct ?

Hi i looked at that part already a couple of time's i don't believe it in the wrong direction , it seems to be ok it i do a dry run on the ground, what i do see is that the rudder does not correct much when i turn the plane on the ground when it's in FWBA mode.

Antonie Kruger said:

Brent,

I've forwarded the file. Please keep in mind that the setup depends on your servos, servo lengths, servo speed ect. This setup tracks like my bird is on rails - very good.

I have a large composite 2.5m V-tail pusher setup that lifts a larger 800g camera that had the same issues as yours. I had bad path tracking and long sluggish turns. Eventually I found the problem to be - don't laugh - my rudder direction in the FBW, Stabilize and auto modes were in the wrong direction.

Have a good read at the yaw control in this part:

http://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/roll-pitch-controller-tuning.html?h...

I hope you find your solution.

Good luck.

Hi,

I did read the Yaw Controller tuning (again) and compared my parameters with the parameter file i did get from Antonie. All parameters mentioned in that section are the same with my settings. 

I do have some spare time next week to do a test flight again, i will try a bit more aggressive bank limit , and will tune the L1 more down. I also will try the 150M overshoot and 70M lead in and set the camera trigger to distance.

I some one wants to have a look at a logging file(or parameter)  i can upload one

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2018   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service