Gents,

I have a bet with a friend of mine: I am to fly a 330ml can of beer to him.

The distance is approx. 300 meters one way.

I need to return back to the start after dropping of the can outside his house. No battery change half way either ;-)

How does the APM handle sling loading?? If I sling loads the can on a 10 metre string, I would be able to deliver the beer without actually landing.

I was thinking of just using a servo to release the entire string when the altitude is low enough to ensure the beer is on the ground, but high enough to avoid fences and other obstacles.

Thaughts anyone??

Views: 471

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you need to practice, I live at 9376 Petry Lane, Glen Haven, WI. Anything to help man.

Mission planner says the round trip is 12 764 km (7931 miles).

Can I ask you to please charge the batteries before returning it home??? ;-)

I have seen some videos of other people lifting things hanging on ropes with their quads. They looked very unstable and it depended on the length (period) of the pendulemn they created. Granted, there was probably zero tuning done, but the swinging mass posed an interesting problem for the quad.

I think a rigid mount would be better. Any reason you can't do that?

I was hoping to fly completley auto from my house to the my friends house. So I will not be able to see for myself if the hex is about to land on a car or something. So if I sling loaded it, it would only be the can (wrapped in cloth or something) hitting the car. Six spinning propellers would make a mess of the paintjob ;-)

I am pretty sure I have seen something in here about sling loading and compensating for this, but I am not able to find it again :(

You could put a parachute on the can and drop it from a few meters up.

That was actually a good idea! :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service