hello,friends!

I test terrain following last week,but failed badly,almost lost my plane!There were some problem puzzling me.

First,what's the difference between Absolute and Terrain?I have read "http://plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-terrain-following/",it says as bellow 
But it didn't mention what should be done in the MP? Does all I need in the MP is just to choose "Terrain"?

Second, should I both choose the "Terrain" and "Verify Height"? I see that once I choose "Verify Height",the "Alt" will change.but i can't figure out the relationship.

Last, sometimes "no terrain data"will show in the MP if I connect PIX.I think it's beceuse I set "TERRAIN_ENABLE to 1 and TERRAIN_FOLLOW to 1",and no terrain data in SD card. Does that mean that if no prompt shows,terrain follow is ok?

Views: 3345

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I roughly know the look ahead meaning.Wait for my next test in mountainous  area/  

Hi did you ever get this sorted out? I wish there was a detailed glossary on the parameter terms. For example, the difference between ter_alt and curter_alt?

Anyway, if you figured it all out, I would appreciate a few details on your approach. Thanks!

Hello, I`m also very very interested in understanding exactly what the plane will do in function of different settings.

It is a pity that there is no wiki where a detailed description can be found or test flight can be reported & shared. (I do have my own wiki where I`m collecting all type of DIY Drones data and info, but I do not think that is the best place for the moment to create a detailed description - you might visit it at drones4all.info)

By the way, I created another discussion issue at http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/terrain-following-documentation-q... where there are some other doubts I have in relation to TERRAIN FOLLOWING.

Hi @iskess , could you tell me where I can find the Mission Planner Elevation Profile screen?

Right click on the planning map, map tools, elevation profile

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service