Replies

• I am considering a Nex5/6/7 for photomapping. Currently using Canon SX260 which has a GPS built in.

Since the Sony doesnt have a GPS, how do you tag the pictures / syncronise with APM ? 

And do you use the intervalometer or the APM triggers. If APM triggers, then is the Sony controlled via IR ? 

Lastly, is there a vast difference in the image quality between a Nex5 and Nex7 to justify the near double price difference ? 

• I've been using the NEX6 and it's great.  Contrary to Matt Gunn's post, it does indeed have access to the interval app, which I have installed and use regularly.  Photos are very high quality and it can easily shoot the max of 990 photos (max for the interval mode) on a single card and battery.

• Has anyone tried a Sony RX1 or RX1-R? Both look compelling choices, although obviously a bit more pricey. The NEX-FF when it comes out could be excellent too.

• Im using the Nex 5r as well, and I love it. I have the Sigma 30mm prime, which has very nice optics. I use it for aerial mapping, and the time lapse app (which is not available on the 6 or 7), is awesome.

There's a huge price difference between the 5 and 7, because the megapixels are a lot more on the 7.

• I'm just starting down this path as well, but I already ended up going with the NEX-5r for a few reasons:

• Still a very good sensor (even if it's not quite as good as the 7)
    • Lighter than the 7 and 6, and it seems like every gram counts.
    • Still able to use the "apps" so I can install the timelapse software on it.
    • There was a good sale on it a month or two ago.

Cheers,

Tash

This reply was deleted.

Activity