Split area for mapping

Hi to all!

I have to map a large area and I would like to know if somebody use an automatic method to split a large area into small areas for mapping based on the max flight time of the plane/multirotor.

The idea is to get small poligons based in a big one.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Mauro.-

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There doesn't seem to be a way to do it right now, but I'm really interested in this as well. Splitting the flight routes manually is time consuming. A "split into smaller grids based on flight time" option would be great. I'd also like to request that takeoff/landing times be in the flight time estimate as well, if they're not already. Ascending to 100m at 2m/s is actually quite time consuming, and it is very important to calculate in this time for multirotors.

• Yes, that should be an interesting feature to add to Mission Planner / Survey planner : max flight time. A software solution to propose an optimum cut in several flights for a given large area to map.

I am currently determining my max flight time for my Iris+ in loaded condition. So far my conclusion, with 15 min max, is that I will have to do manually this exercise quite often. Good point Mauro.

Pascal

This reply was deleted.

Activity