Stabilize mode compensating in wrong direction

Goodnight. When I pitch the heli forward by hand in stabilize mode, it counteracts in the same direction. Same thing happens when I pitch backwards, it counteracts in the same direction. But when I roll the heli by hand i the left direction, it counteracts by tilting swash to the right. And when I roll to the right, it compensates to the left.

How do I fix the pitch compensation of the swash? It should counteract in the opposite direction and not the same direction.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Chadel,

I wonder if maybe the servo angle are set incorrectly on the Heli Setup page?  the angles are 0 = directly in front of the main shaft, 90=to the right, 180 = behind, 270 to the left.

I'm sure you've seen the wiki page as well but here it is just in case.

• Morning. I have changed the board orientation and now the artificial horizon actually works.
      Also when heli is tilted forward or backward, it stabilizes properly. But when I tilt left or right, it stabilizes in the wrong direction.
      • Developer

That's progress!  I think either setting the reverse checkbox or reversing the sign on the angle for the left and right servo will fix it.

3702651117?profile=original

• Randy my brother, you are a godsend. Thank you so much. Reversing the check boxes just messed up the collective pitch. But changing the location of the servo on the compass worked. The heli now stabilizes in the correct direction. I just had to reverse the elevator channel in the radio so the stick inputs move the swash in the correct way.

I have another problem though. How do I know if the tail blades are on right and if the tail pitch is good? I just ran the motor for the 1st time. Felt good. When I yaw the heli, I feel extreme resistance. Is that ok? It seems that when I push left stick the heli moves left.

• Yeah, this is a common thing I've done myself.  If you had to change the servo locations, then you had the servos plugged into the wrong channels.  You flipped 1 for 2.  What you've done to fix it electronically is fine, as long as you remember if you ever take it apart again.  If you put them back in the proper order, then it'll be backwards again.

As for the yaw, I assume you're asking about the direction.  Here's a trick I use:

Fold the tail blades *back* in the grips.  Not forwards, but backwards, so what would happen if you run the motor and stick your finger in the rotor (don't actually do that!).  Now pick up the heli and turn it to the left.  The folded back blades should should move to point to the right.  And vice versa.  Then, move the yaw stick right, the tail blades should move to point to the right.

• Thanks, this worked.

• OK will try that in a bit. Will reverse the servo angles and see.

• 3702492180?profile=original

Hi Randy,

Mine are -60 left, 60 right and 180 rear.

Is there a parameter that allows me to change the direction they counteract? Because the swash moves fine with stick input. Both the collective pitch and also aileron and elevator.. Just the elevator compensation does not counteract to simulation auto balancing.

• Developer

ok, if they move the correct direction with the sticks but the wrong direction when the vehicle is leaned over then there is also something incorrect about the radio setup.  It would be good to check that in the MP's radio calibration screen that the green bars all move in the same direction as the physical sticks on the transmitter except the pitch stick which moves in the reverse direction.

I think on the MP's heli setup screen there is a reverse checkbox for each servo.  There's no way to reverse the response to tilting, it's at the individual servo level.

• I wonder if this has anything to do with the board orientation? It is backwards.

This reply was deleted.

Activity