Stack up order on hex

Dear all.

I am in the last stage of putting together my 3d robotic hex. I would be really really helped with some guidance on how to stack up the hardware: where do I put the GPS, APM, Rx and teletry? Should the APM be on the mount plate or the first platform. Etc etc... Thanks - J

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• T3
    I stack APM on bottom plate, then radio reciever and telemetry on the second plate and on the top plate goes GPS. All placed with Velcro. The APM gets foam on the corners and on top with Velcro under the corners and a Velcro strap over the top foam holding the APM down. The foam under the corners of the APM gets it up 1 or 2 cm away from power cables. Actually the 3DR copter are built so that power interference is limited. Smaller frames have limited room.
  • Distributor

Hi, 

Hexa, Octo, Quads, Tri... there is no difference in the stack up. general guidance is to place the APM away from your Power distribution board and ESC but not too high so that centre of gravity is wrong. 

This is how I now mount most of my builds: 

*Focus is more on vibration dampening than RF interferences... 

I used to put the GPS "somewhere safe" but nothing is really safe when you crash, so opted to put it on a post.

I try to put the RXs as far as possible from each other, the 2.4 for Radio, 9000 for Telemetry and the 5.8 vor Video tx each on their sides. 

Just twist most of your cables (not too much, you don't want to induce stress) and use hot glue to hold them in place, can never be too sure! 

3692717936?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity