Steadidrone EI8HT not Steadi

I purchased a Steadidrone ei8ht 4 months ago and struggled struggled struggled to get nice smooth footage . I have given up trying to fly my Canon 5d as really don't feel this drone is up to flying slr, bought a Sony Nex 7 but still struggling . Not finding the answers from Steadidrone and desperate to find somebody that has some success with their Steadidrone .Has anybody got some suggestions or advice

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Mikael, can it fly your X8? ? because i had the same problem and i  fixed it without help from 3DR and now it is fly perfect 

• Mike, Jackson, its easy to simply post you opinions about a product and make the company look bad without actually including thier side if the story. We have a Facebook owners page a official SteadiDrone technical support forum, live skype support and email support, many clients post there and get the help advice they need, we spend a great deal of time and effort supporting our clients and making right the few mistakes and faulty parts, replacing all faulty 3d printed parts with new molded parts, free of charge, and more.

Jackson, Its people like me who take this new growing industry forward and do our best, yes we will make mistakes, so do all manufactuters, even the big ones, but its people who, with zero knowledge or experience, who do little to no homework or research, purchase a large technical octocopter with the expectation that its as easy as driving a 2 channel rc car and then will capture perfectly smooth and amazing aerial imagery overnight, its people like this who give this industry a bad name, no matter where thet buy the units its the same story, they then blame the manufacturer for their lack off skill, experience etc..

Mike arrived to collect hes octo ( a older used unit) after we had clearly sent him the info and details of the unit, to be blunt he had no clue as to what he actually purchased, after a few hours, test flights and some extra free goodies thrown in he was verry happy and took delivery and left. If there are any issues of course we can try help and assist, but just like all our other clients, they get in touch and also get involved with the support forums etc

Weve got many many very happy clients flying our units worldwide and while im not saying weve not made some minor design mistakes the past ( all adressed and fixed) I am saying, and I think many will agree, 99% off issues or complaints and blatent hate and nasty comments like 'ready to f up' stem from the user simply not understanding how the thing works.

Im sorry to hear your comments, we are always here to help and assist.

• My suggestion is to throw it in the bin.

I purchased a steadidrone a few months ago too and it's the biggest waste of money ever.

The build quality is unbelievably bad.

I also keep meeting people like you who have had similar experiences.

Terrible after sales service. Terrible quality. Terrible assembly. Terrible everything.

In this case RTF means Ready To F**k-up.

I've heard some horror stories.

They 3D print their own parts that regularly crack, break or fail - sometimes in mid flight.

I don't know if this thread is long enough to list all the things that have happened to me or the stories that I have heard - first hand from the people that it happened to.

It's people Like Duran from steadidrone that give multirotor manufacturers a bad name and leave a bad taste in the mouth of consumers.

Shame on him.

This reply was deleted.

Activity