Still no radio on my hexa ....help ....

Hi, I am still having problems to get my radio controls in order for my hexa. 

After a couple days of absence, I tried again today to get my radio calibrated, and it still didn't work.
I did receive a message after all from the supplier. I send them a picture of my receiver connections and they said they were right, that is after I changed sides for the cables as was suggested.
I also changed receiver and 8CH transmitter (as I have 2, the second one meant for videography later). It is a Walkera 8CH. Still no success.
I put on the transmitter in plane mode today, put on lippo after taking out the 4-power-wires, connected the USB to MP, clicked on connect with success (a red LED blinks in the receiver), clicked on APM setup in firmware, clicked on calibrate radio in the radio setup,  I see the green bars and small red lines, but when I move the sticks on my transmitter to go to the maximum, these green bars don't move at all. I only have 1500 readings, which mean no connection, no ? 3689438431?profile=original What am I doing wrong ?

I did this inside so no GPS lock and no internet connection, as I supposed this was not necessary for radio setup, but maybe I'm wrong.

Can anybody help me out maybe ? It's frustrating I still couldn't fly my hexa after more then two weeks.

Thanks. Filip

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Don, I always had the very rapid blinking of that blue LED on the board !
    So, that means there is radio contact ?
    I just did the test with a servo. The receiver was powered I suppose, as there was a red LED blinking. But when I moved the stick(s) on the transmitter, nothing happened, the servo didn't move.
    Does it mean I have no connection between Transmitter and Receiver ?
    How can I fix this ?
    Greets.
    Filip
  • First thing to check, after it is all powered on, is the blue LED on the APM (red) board. When the IMU and APM are together, it is underneath the USB connection. Is it on solid (no PWM detected), blinking slowly (failsafe - lost PWM signal, blinks ~ 1 per second) or quickly (PWM is detected by APM, ~ 5 blinks per second)

3692324796?profile=original

• I am having a similar problem. I am using a DX-8 controller with an APM board set to be a hexa. No matter how many times I have tried I can never calibrate the radio. I don't see green bars or anything in the setup menu. I have tested the receiver with a servo to make sure it works properly and I have checked every other thing i can think of.

If you fix your problem please tell me what you did

Thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity