SZD-45 OGAR airframe, enlarged skywalker substitute?

Anyone investigated or heard of this airframe? Found at www.thewingsmaker.com

It looks similar to the skywalker in terms of a pusher T-tail foamy, but it has larger wingspan, single center motorglider ground wheel and little tailwheel for self-launching, and looks like a wider payload bay, for $124/Kit to $220/ARF.

I really like the skywalker, but this looks like it might solve some limitations on it, specifically the wider cabin for photo gear, more payload?, and center wheel for both ground takeoffs and protecting a vertical camera. Skywalker wing area 35.5 dcsq vs. 43 dcsq for ogar.

I don't have much experience with airframes, so if anyone has some reports or observations, please comment.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Been flying this for some time.  I love it as it has a large aspect ratio. Surprisingly the 2830 motor carries the plane and a load quite well.  The cargo area is very spacious.  Bought this after losing a Skywalker hoping it to be comparable replacement.  I prefer it over the Skywalker.  The parameters I have been using are attached and tested well with all modes.  They were used with tested with ArduPlane-2.68.  

Ogar_Revision_3.param

• I have one waiting at the house http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1477046  this site shows both ogar and SW ogar has a lot more room

• Another supplier with a few nice airframes is FPVhobby.com  I especially like the 2 meter "big boy"  It is $329 for airframe only.  But I like the size and shape.  I may end up building something like it, when I have more time.

• I have also been looking for a slightly larger airframe.  This is a step in the right direction, but it seems marginally powered to me.  With a 2830 motor and a 20 amp ESC I don't think it would get off the ground once it is loaded with gear.

Another new airframe (flying wing type) is on crashtesthobby.com    But I am not sure if the APM would handle the unusual elevator/elevon setup.

I have this fear that I will order the best available reasonably priced airframe and the next day someone will announce the perfect one I have been looking for. 

• Payload bay looks cavernous... EPO construction...may be worth a try.

The tri-blade folding prop is a nice touch.

3692257936?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity