Takeoff throttle/speed

Seems that if I want to make the drone to autonomously take off I cannot do it because the APM waits for the speed to be greater than a few m/s to actually start doing anything, in this case start to steer the UAV.

Using Mission Planner how do I make UAV to take off without actually touching the throttle in the RC?

cheers!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you want responses you'll need to provide more information. I don't even know if you are talking about copters or planes.
    • I did not provide more information because I believe ardupilot behaves the same no matter the UAV, but I was wrong in the past :D

Here's the info:

Quadcopter

APM 2.5

3DR GPS

3DR MAVLink

APM Planner 2.0 RC3

Cheers

• Plane and Copter are understandably very different, especially in regards to take off. My experience is mostly with Plane, And I've never used APM Planner so I can be of limited help.
        In your post you say you use MP, but you replied that you use APM Planner, they are also different.
        I don't know where you got the idea that the APM requires a given speed to go into Auto. This is an option in Plane that is turned off by default.
        To be safe, you really need to do some more homework. You need to read the copter wiki through again, then ask informed questions.

When I tried this in a copter, I simply sent a flight plan to the APM that included a takeoff command and altitude, then a subsequent waypoint. Armed the copter, switched to Auto mode, then as soon as I raised the throttle, off she went.
        • That's exactly how it works for me, but I want to arm it, order it to start the mission and nothing else for the copter to take off and then land.

Tanks a lot for the feedback

This reply was deleted.

Activity