Taranis 6 Position Switch for 6 Flight Modes w/APM 2.5 & Mission Planner

This for people who are interested in Taranis 6 Position Switch setup for 6 Flight Modes w/APM 2.5 & Mission Planner.

Flight Mode PWM Values

FM 1 – PWM 0 - 1230

FM 2 – PWM 1231 - 1360

FM 3 – PWM 1361 - 1490

FM 4 – PWM 1491 - 1620

FM 5 – PWM 1621 - 1749

FM 6 – PWM 1750+

SF 2-Position Switch

SF UP D0 – FM1 (PWM 1100)

SF DWN ID1 – FM2 (PWM 1300)

SA 3-Position Switch

(SA UP ID0) – Not Assigned / No Values

(SA MID - ID1) – FM3 (PWM 1420)

(SA DWN ID2) – FM4 (PWM 1550)

Mixes

(SF UP - ID0) & – (SA UP ID0) FM1 (PWM 1100) Source - MAX, Weight  -77, Multpx - Replace

(SF DWN - ID1) & – (SA UP ID0) FM2 (PWM 1300) Source - MAX, Weight -38, Multpx - Replace

(SF UP - ID0) & (SA MID - ID1) - FM3 (PWM 1420) Source - MAX, Weight 10, Switch - (SA MID ID1) , Multpx – Add

(SF UP - ID0) & (SA DWN - ID2) - FM4 (PWM 1550) Source - MAX, Weight  47, Switch - (SA DWN ID2), Multpx – Add

(SF DWN - ID1) & (SA MID -ID1) – FM5 (PWM 1700) Source - MAX, Weight 62, Switch -( SA MID -ID1) , Multpx – Add

(SF DWN - ID1) & (SA DWN - ID2) – FM6 (PWM 1800) Source - MAX, Weight 50, Switch -(SA DWN - ID2) , Multpx – Add

Views: 9986

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you copy his EEPE directly or just enter things yourself?  If you entered them yourself, make sure you defined both curves correctly.

This is unrelated to the flight mode setup (BTW thank you, this will be useful when my Taranus arrives). I’ll be moving my wifi booster from my Devo 10 to the Taranis when it arrives. In the model setup I can select the output power on the devo so it doesn't over drive the wifi amp, (which causes distortion and damage to the amp)  so I need to know if I can also select the Taranis output power or am I going to need an attenuator? If necessary I can order the parts now so they are here when the radio arrives. Thank you! 

Hugues:  Thanks for the useful info!  I've been searching on how to setup 6 flight modes in my APM for hours..  Yours was the best guide I have found..  got me up and running.. +1

If you need any help, I can give you the settings and the audio files of my Taranis setup which is working perfectly.

My Taranis is finally on the way and the settings and files would be really helpful.

Hi CyberCrash,

I'd sure like those too, can you append them to a post here? Thanks!

Okay,

here are my settings + audio files.

copy the audio files on to the sd card unter: sounds\en

Then install the companion tool and let it update itself and the taranis to version v2.0.5. Then copy the settings (.eep) file onto your Taranis and have fun.

It uses the top right two switches.  (SC and SD)

This is how:

up up = Stabilize

up mid = ALT

up down = RTL

mid up = PositionHold

mid mid = LOITER

mid down = RTL

down up = Land

down mid = 

down down = RTL

I set RTL on every SD=down switch position. Because: I use RTL in case of emergency. In those situations I get very nervous and can't afford to look down to find the correct switch combination. Now, everytime I switch the SD switch down I will get RTL.

up mi

Attachments:

Thank you very much!!!!!

Please keep me apprised if it works for you and/or if you have any suggestions for improvements.

By the way:

Suddenly with v2.0 the sd card file names were limited to 8chars only....like in early DOS times.

i cant download the on this server

Is the 4S a reference to a 4S battery?  If so, could this be modified for a 3S system, such as the Iris?

I think I could load this into my Taranis...but, will this give me what I need to use it with my 3DR Iris?  I know how to bind the radio to the stock Iris receiver (FrSky 4DR-II)...will it then be correctly set up for this receiver?  What about if I were to swap out the stock 4 channel receiver for the 8 channel FrSky receiver the Taranis came with (X8R)?  I am not knowledgeable yet to know how to modify the radio so need to know if by loading this eepe, the radio will only need for me to bind to one or the other receiver.  If more is involved, how complicated will it be?  I don't mind learning if it doesn't require a PhD...I am much better off than when I first started after getting the Iris, but unfortunately, no one makes an RC for Dummies book yet.   Hint hint to all you authors out there!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service