Hello everybody,

I just joined the communityand I hope i can get some help from you guys.

I have researched the internets on this topics and could not find a definitive answer so here it goes:

I bought a telemetry and bluetooth module (hc-05) from ebay a week ago. for the past two days i was trying to get them too work with MissionPlanner. The telemetry unit works great and connects to  MP no problem. USB also works for connecting to MP.

My ground module has a USB port, and there is no easy way to connect the bluetooth to it. So what i did, i soldered 2 wires directly to the HM-TRP (RX and TX) and got my 5V and GND from the outer USB connections (it later translates to 3.3V for the HM-TRP board). I connected the two wires (rx and tx) to my bluetooth module (already configured to 57600) and separately powered it up. 

Now the problem arises when i try to connect. I would get my  heartbeat and all the statuses working ( yaw pitch distance, height etc) but i would never get the parameters. it gets stuck at "Getting Params". i checked the status and saw that a lot of packets were lost. 

I have tried unclicking the "reset APM on USB" and that doesnt do anything. The only way I got the parameters to download was to connect the ground module USB to one computer, and the bluetooth to another computer, both tunning MP, i would connect the bluetooth one first until it gets stuck at the getting params, then I would connect the USB one. what happened is that as soon as the USB connection started loading the parameters, so did the bluetooth one. Makes me question if the Bt module cant send a request to receive parameters or something of the sort. 

Any help would be appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• finally solved it.

for anyone that ever comes across this issue, make sure that you have the ground module and the bluetooth module connected to the same ground.  still having the issue with MP not connecting to BT right away, but that usually is fixed by turning BT module on-off right before pressing connect.

• Hi,

Can you post a picture or two of the setup ?

If there were off the shelf product giving you this functionality + battery + USB connection for setup and charging , will you consider buying it ? for how much ?

Thanks, Eddi

• the setup is internal to the transmitter. and i believe there is an off the shelf product by event38. But that one was way too expensive.i would pay the price of the parts + a little bit extra.. my parts were around 30-40USD

• Okay, thanks.

Yes I saw their box, very expensive.

This reply was deleted.

Activity