Telemetry Connect Problem In Mission Planner

Hi all -

I recently had a GPS issue with my quadcopter that almost flew away when I switched on the autopilot to fly a waypoint mission - successfully brought it back manually and a review of the logs suggested some sort of GPS glitch. So I decided that in the future, I would take a laptop with me to the field and monitor telemetry.

I have a telemetry transceiver that connects to a USB but needed a laptop, so I bought a used Dell Inspiron 14 from a neighbor, loaded Mission Planner and installed the Silicon Labs driver - Mission Planner sees COM Port 3. However, when I attempt to connect to my aircraft the connection fails with an error that says the maximum baud rate for "the device" is 8190. I know that the transceiver works okay as I can plug it into my desktop and it connects just fine to my aircraft.

This Dell laptop has two USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 port; it doesn't matter which port I use as I get the same error.

Has anyone seen this problem? I am using the same version of Mission Planner on both computers - desktop works fine.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• RESOLVED!   After reviewing my results I decided that the problem was the Silicon Labs driver I was using. So I uninstalled the driver and downloaded an FTDI driver from the Dell download page and installed, rebooted the Dell..... It works - Mission Planner is now connecting to the radio.

• Addendum: I can connect to my aircraft by plugging a USB cable from the APM to the laptop - M.P. sees COM4, which I used and it connected just fine even though it connected at a higher baud rate. I've attached a screen snippet of the error.

Baud Rate Error.PNG

This reply was deleted.

Activity