Hi all,

My setup is this:

Transmitter: Turnigy 9X running er9x

TX/RX: FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for JR w/ Telemetry Module & V8FR-II RX

Flying thingy: 3RD Arducopter running APM1

I already have telemetry over Xbee to my laptop but I would like to have data to my hands as well.

There are mods/hacks on google how to get transmitter to show FrSky telemetry but I'm planning on taking the easy route and buy a separate FLD-02 screen. 

My questions:

1. Do you have experience using APM and the FLD-02?

2. Any reason why this is stupid? :-) I have no problems soldering tricky stuff but if there is a cheap and easy way (the FLD-02) then I'll take it!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• friends,

I flashed firmware on a arduino nano, but whenever I put a new battery must hit the reset button after APM arm have otherwise not display anything on the screen of er9x.

The configuration I have is:

APM 2.6 with 2.74 Arduplane and firmware on the arduino nano is jD_IOBoard_FrSkyMAVLink the official repository.

Does anyone have an idea what can be?

Sorry for my Google Translator English....

• Hi everyone,

my suggeston may be stupid - but we are having arduino on board why we have to install additional board (arduino pro mini running the JD-IO software) if we can change the code and integrate JD-IO software into Aurdocopter code and take data from telemetry port - convert it using JD-IO software and send it to one of the existing I/O channel?

maybe I don't know smtgh?

• Question, does the solution work on ER9X only?  Or does it support Open9X?

i have converted over as I heard somewhere that the IOBoard is more stable with Open9X and now I get nothing at all.

• I just wanted to post some pictures for you as I have implemented the latest Hex on this Post.  I am not sure if that is the one that I should be running. I want to comment that I have Modded 9x with Telemetrez, SmartieParts Boards and running ER9x.

The sequence of photos are like a movie, I was just clipping it 1 at a time to show the erratic behaviour.

Much more stable that the 1.5 or 2.0 version of FrySky Firmware from JDrones, its  an improvement.

I am happy to test away for you if you produce some more .Hex Files.  ;-)

3692750526?profile=original

3692750490?profile=original

3692750620?profile=original

3692750535?profile=original

3692750654?profile=original3692750629?profile=original

3692750544?profile=original

3692750663?profile=original

3692750644?profile=original

3692750678?profile=originalThis to show that I had 3D Fix and the tilt is cause its hanging off the window.  ;-)

p.s. Not sure why the Alt is off.  APM says one thing, the Telem says another. But on the Telem Screen there is a different reading on one of them.

• Gentlemen, I am very excited to read this thread... Thanks a million for putting the hard working in making this happen.  For months now I have desperately been seeking this solution for the IO Board and FrySky.  I will upload the latest to my IOBoard and test.

I have a:

3s Lipo 3200mAh 30C 11.1V (Full Charge 12.6V)

DXR-II Plus w/ Telemetry

APM2.5

T9x with Telemetry Enabled on the integrated LCD of Radio (not external)

I should be good to go right?

• Mike, that’s interesting – yes the FLD-02 does indeed show lat & lon exactly in the format given in the published protocol.

The MAVLink GPS message gives data in decimal degrees and I guess this is what I wanted to see on the ER9x display (and now do). The IOBoard/FrSky program packages the MAVLink data as decimal degrees and the decoding for ER9x displays just that. However, I now realise that that isn’t what FrSky intended; their display is degrees, minutes.decimal minutes. The co-ords shown in the FLD-02 brochure are those of the FrSky location whereas had they been simply decimal degrees they would have given a location in the middle of Lake Taiku !

Vito’s point about losing precision in location if I use 1E7 as the divisor is obviously correct but there again 0.0001o equates to ~10 metres which is typical GPS accuracy unless you use WAAS, EGNOS etc.

• Like many of you, I've been struggling to get the GPS data displaying correctly and hoped that Mike's code would provide the answer. Not in my case it didn't, though others have reported that 'it's working well'.

The problem I found was that the co-ords were still a factor of 100 out and Lat & Lon were displayed in the wrong order.

I changed the Mavlink GPS message divisor in Mavlink.ino back to 1E7 - this corrected the *100 error. Then I went through the FrSky_Funcs.ino file and discovered that the lat & lon items were being placed in the telemetry packet in the wrong order. The issue here was that the program correctly identifies e.g the longitude case as 0x12 & 0x12+8 but then codes it as 0x13 & 0x13+8 (and vise versa for the latitude). Correcting these parameters put everything right with the Tx display.

Here's a picture -

3692737228?profile=originalI thought I'd blank out the last two digits of the co-ords in case somebody sends in the drones !

Hope you find this useful.

• Hello all,

First of all a very big thank you for you help in getting my IOBoard working with the FrSky and APM 2.5.

Good news...the data is flowing and I have information showing on the FLD-02 :)

A few things I have noticed:

Voltage: I am using a 4S battery however the voltage screen shows I am using a 3S battery and the cell voltages are incorrect. The screen will also briefly flick over to a second voltage screen which shows 1S before going back to the 3S screen.

RPM is not working off the throttle at all and remains on 0 constantly.

Ampere is not reading anything other than 0.

GPS and RSSI are working great.

I am using the firmware posted on Sunday by Vito following Mike's video post regarding the voltage issues. I have uploaded a video showing what is happening with my setup at the moment.

Thanks again for all your help. I am happy to test any firmwares and help in anyway I can.

Cheers,

Cam

• Wow, I am so glad I found this thread...thanks for all your work guys, I am happy to help in anyway I can.

I to purchased the same equipment as you Jon von Weymarn many months ago but was never able to get it working, I even managed to fry an apm 2.5 and minim OSD when something shorted out:

FrSky D8R-II PLUS 2.4Ghz 8CH Receiver with Telemetery

jD-IOBoard v1.0, MCU controlled IO Board for driving LEDs, Relays, ...

FrSky FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen

Apm 2.5

I was following the thread about the IOBoard on jDrones but was never able to get a clear understanding of exactly how to connect the above listed components in order to get the data flowing.

I was wondering if I could ask a huge favour for someone to clearly explain how to connect the components in order to get telemetry working on the FLD-02. I am able to successfully flash the IOBoard with firmwares so no issue there :)
    Once I can actually get the hardware side of things working I am more than happy to help with any firmware testing etc.

Thanks very much,

Cameron

• Vito, Can you post a .hex version there?

This reply was deleted.

Activity