Telemetry to Turnigy 9X (with FrSky FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen)

Hi all,

My setup is this:

Transmitter: Turnigy 9X running er9x

TX/RX: FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for JR w/ Telemetry Module & V8FR-I...

Flying thingy: 3RD Arducopter running APM1

I already have telemetry over Xbee to my laptop but I would like to have data to my hands as well.

There are mods/hacks on google how to get transmitter to show FrSky telemetry but I'm planning on taking the easy route and buy a separate FLD-02 screen. 

My questions:

1. Do you have experience using APM and the FLD-02?

2. Any reason why this is stupid? :-) I have no problems soldering tricky stuff but if there is a cheap and easy way (the FLD-02) then I'll take it!

Views: 13812

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Get the JR drones IO board. This splices into the Mavlink telemetry port, translates it into the FRsky protocol, and sends via the connector on the FRsky receiver. You of course need the a capable FR sky receiver.

Ok thanks.

I just bought these:

FrSky D8R-II PLUS 2.4Ghz 8CH Receiver with Telemetery

jD-IOBoard v1.0, MCU controlled IO Board for driving LEDs, Relays, ...

I'll report back when I have them connected and up and running.

Very interested in the outcome, I was considering the same setup for my plane. The combination of stabilization, RTH, data capture, and basic telemetry without a big investment in gear, complexity, or weight is very attractive.

Any word on how this turned out??

I have a couple jd-IOBoards on order specifically for this functionality. Anxious to hear it worked ok. I've heard others have problems with the telemetry feed.

I recieved the ioboard after a long wait but I have been waiting with this as there are so many mentions of problems. Maybe I'll look into this again in a few months when I'm on holiday... :-/

Hi,
I bought a ioboard and I'm waiting receive it.
I tried the code with arduino nano.
If you want we can join efforts to make it all work.

This is the code with my first changes.

Attachments:

hex file

Attachments:

Can you give us a summary of what changes you made to the code in your version?

Hi,
the changes are:
- Inverted latitude and longitude
- Added ampere's sensor (and volts)
- RPM shows the throttle
- Fuel shows the battery remaining (test)
- Managed the byte stuffing

I kindly ask you to test it and to send me back the issues, my quad is out of order and I can not test it.

To do list:
- ground speed (feet to meter conversion??)
- voltage sensor

Excellent! I will see about testing it tonight.

FYI - I've looked at doing similar Mavilnk -> FrSky conversions also for the MegaPiratesNG project, except it is built into the main flight controller, not on an external arduino board.

Anyway I found in my setup at least that the FrSky fuel really can only show 25%, 50% and 75% etc. Must be because that's how their liquid fuel sensor is.

I ended up using the RPM channel as mAH used. That was much more useful.

Also the main MegapirateNG programmer (Sir Alex) had the good idea of repurposing the 2nd temperature reading (How many people need 2 temperatures..?) as the number of GPS sats in view

I can send you code if you like.

I am so glad you are working to improve the code.

So far i noticed the latitude and longitude got corrected but on the turnigy 9x display with telemetry mod   the longitude is still showing corrupted data like on my post

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/jdrones-news-jd-ioboard-v1-0?id...

a friend of mine got a FLD02 I will try the code  on it , But GPS Data are very important for model retrieval in case of lost out of sight.

also noticed the refresh rate is better

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service