Telemetry to Turnigy 9X (with FrSky FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen)

Hi all,

My setup is this:

Transmitter: Turnigy 9X running er9x

TX/RX: FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for JR w/ Telemetry Module & V8FR-I...

Flying thingy: 3RD Arducopter running APM1

I already have telemetry over Xbee to my laptop but I would like to have data to my hands as well.

There are mods/hacks on google how to get transmitter to show FrSky telemetry but I'm planning on taking the easy route and buy a separate FLD-02 screen. 

My questions:

1. Do you have experience using APM and the FLD-02?

2. Any reason why this is stupid? :-) I have no problems soldering tricky stuff but if there is a cheap and easy way (the FLD-02) then I'll take it!

Views: 13785

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

last picture 13 feet about right on the first floor same on the Turnigy

Attachments:

I just compared the  data recorded in Mission planner and the one on the display, by putting the coordinates in Google maps the lat is off few 1000 Th of degree and the longitude is missing some digit after the misplaced decimal point so the location is off about 1 km. But now you are very close this is a big improvement, can not wait for your next version

Negative longitude seems like it needs to be converted to positive value and then just send ASCII 'W' in the 3rd int. I saw in their example frame that its just the integer version of the ASCII character value for the E/W and N/S in the latitude. All integers look like they should be positive.

As for my comment about ddmm.mmmm, I got it wrong. After looking up different GPS lat/lon formats, it looks like ddmm.mmmm is a different format than "decimal degrees" which is what I usually see in APM mission planner, so I assume that's what is coming on the MAV stream. Sounds like we need to convert to ddmm.mmmm. Found info on this page that talks about it:

http://www.csgnetwork.com/gpscoordconv.html

The GPS data of AMP does not need conversion, just move the decimal point.
I will check the error on the decimals, I think this is a my distraction.

Update:

I think that I found the issue. I used abs() instead of fabs().

Can you try this hex?

Your photos are appreciated :D

Attachments:

I think this time you nail it except the decimal point and something not very important the freeze data registered for Max altitude @5618 and Max speed of 28 Mph

Attachments:

Great work guys! 

I was going to use a Arduino Pro Mini for this. Did you use level conversion between the ProMini (i.e. JDrones IOBoard) and FrSky Receiver Rx pin? Thx

I used an Arduino Nano (5V) and an Arduino Pro Mini (5V) for debugging.
Level conversion is not need if you work at 5V.

Any chance we can get this code into github for easier collaboration? 

Great idea.

https://github.com/evlas/jD-IOBoard

I have some problems with my corporate proxy and always I used my own private repository, but I'm happy to cooperate with you.

I have updated the GIT repository.
I think that now work fine the voltage sensors.
Can you test it and the fuel level please?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service