Hey all,

My quad's been running pretty well so I took my quad out this evening for a spin to see how it would handle a moderately gusty day (20-30km/h winds).  I have to say that it was almost perfect.  Aside from me at the very of the video using making a mistake I was very happy with the result. 

Had some good fast runs, so good high altitude action and some roating (which in the end caused the problem).  I had my GoPro attached and captured some good footage.  You'll see times through the video where the wind picks up, but the level of the quad barely moves.  Admittedly the middle will be not so exciting for some, but not far from the end it gets a little more interesting. (:

Video here - https://vimeo.com/55352906

Cheers,
David.

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like you might have lost a motor, by the way it flipped. Have you had a chance to look at the logs?

Hi Richard,

I haven't had a chance to go through the logs properly yet [I did last night, but they didn't make much sense at 1am], so i'll do that this evening.  I did run a motors test and everything seemed to be running ok.  One of the motors/props needs to be rebalanced, but that's about it.

I suspect I just applied too much yaw whilst tilting causing power loss on the left hand side.  If I was higher it shouldn't have been a problem.

But i'll check the logs out and see what's shaking.

Thanks for the thought.

Cheers,
David.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service