I have done many hours of surfing the web to find a video transmission system that is

A: Not 900mhz or 2.4ghz so it will not interfere with Xbee or my Futaba 6ex Radio

B: Long Range, 3-4 miles

C: Under 140g (save weight for batteries)

D: Good Quality (many other video systems are crap such as hobbyking and fox)

E: Under $230

Here is the list

From Birds Eye View Rc.com

LawMate 1.2G 1000mw Tx&Rx combo [LawMate 1.2G 1000mw Tx&Rx ...
BEV-1.3GHz Patch antenna [BEV-1.3GHz Patch antenna] - $29.99USD
BEV- high sensitivity microphone for FPV [BEV-microphone] - $3.99USD

From Ready Made Rc.com

Transmitter Cable [CABLE-TXSM] - $17.99
Rhino 610mAh 3S 11.1v 20C Lipoly Pack [R610-20-3] - $12.99
Camera Cable (3-wire) [CABLE-CAM3] - $8.49

From Diy Drones Store

Camera 640x480 $30

Note....... I have tested my stock Futaba 6ex 2.4ghz out to 1.75 miles with no problems,
but it probably can not match the video range. But as a general rule Futaba transmitters are twice the range of Spektrum ones.

I hope this can save other people from searching the internet for hours on end for the best deal.

Views: 9636

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you plug your products so much its sad
They aren't "my products" and it’s far more disappointing that you didn't research your claims fully and put up completely wrong and misleading information in your original post.
> The best I have used was a 1.5watt 1.5GHz setup which cost $80.

What model is it and where you bought it?
Question about this... Is it true that the higher the frequency the faster it drains the battery? for example I will keep the numbers small for easy math:

Given a 1000Mah battery

and

900Mhz @ 100Mw power = A hours battery life
1.2Ghz @ 100Mw power = B hours battery life
2.4Ghz @ 100Mw power = C hours battery life
3.4Ghz @ 100Mw power = D hours battery life
5.8Ghz @ 100Mw power = E hours battery life

or will they all be the same because thy are all outputting the same "100Mw" power raiting? How do these transmitters work?

thanks for your responses in advance :)

Joey
Joey,

Your second assumption is the correct one. "Power" is the measure of energy output, 100 milli watts or .1 watts will draw the same current regardless of the transmitter frequency. The diference is in how far the RF wave will travel on that same 100 milli watts. The higher the frequency the shorter the distance you will travel with the same amount of power.

Regards,

Nathaniel
What about a UHF radio or 72mhz?
This will free up the 2.4 band for semi-legal video... at least it would be on the right band ;)
10mw 2.4 works quite good too IMO...
Thank you so much for answering my question.

I have another question, is it generally true that the lower the frequency the larger/heavier the transmitter?

and another question concerning these transmitters in particular, how do voltage requirements fluctuate from low frequency transmitters to high frequency transmitters? In my research I am finding that they all operate in the same general voltage range, but I know that if I increase my voltage to my Tx then the mili-amp-hour draw will be less. Do I understand correctly, how does this balancing act work?

it might help you to answer this if you know why I am asking. I am looking into the Hydogen fuel cell to power my onboard electronics and LiPo batteries for my electric motor. The fuel cell provides Tons of mAh at very low voltage while the LiPo provides both, the whole system is augmented with solar panels to assist power requirements druing daylight operations. My fear is that I will have to power my video Tx off of my LiPo which will decrease my overall flight time (not something I can do).

What are your thoughts?

--Thanks
Joey
Well I do know that the lower the freq. the lower the data rate. Would Keegan still be able to send his video over the 72mhz freq? I thought that's why everyone used the 1Ghz+ range for video and the lower 900Mhz and below for remote control/navigation.
No no no, 72mhz is ONLY for RC control, it works very well and no reason not to use it.
It will give you back 2.4ghz for the video and 900mhz for data - this is what I use (36mhz for Australia) and it works fantastic.
oh I see ok thank you

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service