Tricopter spin.

I've built a Tricopter. The radio is calibrated in Mission Planner, the Esc's are calibrated. Prop configuration, right prop, (Pusher) ran clockwise, the left prop and tail prop (Regular) turned counter clockwise. No luck? I tried all different prop configurations nothing worked? Anybody have any ideas what is causing the Tricopter to spin?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Ultrafuge,

LOST IN TRANSLATION. That so called manual that came with this Tx is going to be of very little help. Some of the things written in it are gibberish. For example, this is an explanation for P. MIX1 (PROGRAMA MIXING1): "Mix purpose to accuse of form to get rid of little mistake of organism, make it is it can take the heart conveniently even more to have not to handle. The very wanton one mixes accusing the channel." WHAT!?

And it not just written once, this same whatever it means? Its used in 7 other explanations? There is nothing in the manual that tells how to setup channels, just vague references? And there's other mistakes.

• Hi Joe,

I guess you watched the video and got the manual here http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-th9x-r9b-9channel-radio.html

Are you sure you want Mode 1 (most Americans fly Mode 2) ?

Take the TX and the manual and set 7.1 Model 1, 7.2 Tricopter, 7.3 Acro , 7.4 PPM and 7.5 Mode 1 or 2

9.1 maybe you have to reverse Rudder, 9.2 Norm, 9.3 000, 9.4 all 100% (maybe you need different setting for Rudder), 9.5 INH, 9.6 INH, 9.7 Rates at 100%, a little bit of expo if you like, 9.8 0, 9.9 INH,

9.10 carefully read the wiki what kind of failsafe you want !!!

9.11 depends on your battery,

9.12 here you should see what you are sending (similar to Failsafe Radio IN) - make sure aileron is just aileron and nothing else, pitch only elevator and nothing else, yaw only rudder and nothing else and throttle only throttle - NO movement on channel 5 (check 9.24) !

9.13 to 9.20 INH, 9.21 set ALL mixes to INH, 9.22 INH, 9.23 INH

9.24 select your 3-position switch for 3 modes on channel 5, if this works and you want 6 modes read here http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-six-modes/ and http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/mode-switch-setup-for-turnigy-1 seems to be similar radio (maybe you find better manual)

• Hi Ultrafuge,

Yes I watched the video. I don't know if those settings for a flying wing will work for a Tricopter?

I tried switching Mode 1, Stick Set 2 on the Tx. (But it wouldn't save the setting.) So I had to select Model 2 then save Stick Set 2.

On Mission Planner Tutorial it shows a "Software" symbol. On my Mission Planner I doesn't show that "Software" symbol? (So what's that for, the source code?) Because if it is I can't access it.

• Hi Joe,

Yes I watched the video. I don't know if those settings for a flying wing will work for a Tricopter?

No, they are useless for the tricopter, only good as a general idea.

So I had to select Model 2 then save Stick Set 2.

O.k. that is good. Does it work now, correct movement of the bars ? Can you make picture of Failsafe screen with full aileron deflection, another one with full elevator, another one with full yaw, another one with full throttle ?

Could you setup the channel 5 ? Picture ?

On Mission Planner Tutorial it shows a "Software" symbol. On my Mission Planner I doesn't show that "Software" symbol? (So what's that for, the source code?) Because if it is I can't access it.

I don't have it and never needed it.

• Found another issue. You are supposed to calibrate the ESC all at once, (or) singularly by disconnecting the USB. Turn the radio on - and push the throttle stick full up. Plug the Lipo in and you should here musical notes then 2 beeps?

I tried that and nothing happens? Just one steady beep. I'll keep looking.

• Hi Joe,

you must follow the throttle calibration procedure of your ESC (manual).

Usually: Turn the radio on - and push the throttle stick full up. Plug the Lipo in and you should here something --> throttle stick full down, wait for some sound/beep combination --> unplug LiPo

• Going to go check CLI and see if changing certain "values" helps?

• Hi Joe,

playing around with certain "values" might help, but usually creates an ever bigger mess.

• Puzzled? Don't know what I did to have Radio 5 active. Move what suppose to be the throttle switch and it doesn't move. Radio 5 does. I've read numerous pages and post on the APM's settings, Tx. Try them, no luck. So I think I'm going to unplug for a while. And come back to this sometime later on...

Thanks for the help...

Joe.

• Hi Joe,

what happens at the Display (manual 9.12) ?

Manual 9.24 AUX-CH set every channel to NULL should kill any output on channel 5.

This reply was deleted.

Activity