Troubleshooting Blimpduino (B6) control

Hi, I put together the blimpduino kit but I seem to be having some issues with the behavior the motors and servo. RC mode has been tilting the servo up and down appropriately but the two motors both spin at full speed (I can't seem to slow them down with channels 1 or 2). I noticed there were three pads on the PCB with the labels PW, AN, and JB2 and I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be soldered together or not so I removed the solder. However, now the servo seems to just spin continuously in one direction without stopping. I must have messed up something else also though because now I can't get the thing to stop spinning after I added the solder back.Is anyone familiar with any of these problems? I've loaded the code a few times but I'm fairly certain that's not the problem. Checking the receiver with a multimeter reveals that the channels are operating appropriately (the levels should be fairly low right?). Thanks for any help.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics
    You shouldn't have removed the solder. That solder jumper determines whether the ultrasonic sensor is read in digital (PWM) or analog (AN) form. When you removed the solder jumper you disabled the ultrasonic sensor.

It sounds like you've got some soldering problems. It's hard for me to diagnose the problem, since needless to say no boards we have exhibit this. I assume you downloaded the latest code?
  • I'm having similar problems with the servo as well. It only spins in one direction and isn't responsive to changes in altitude. The only time it moves is on start up and when I practically tilt it upside down. Does the same with different servos. Do you think it's software or hardware issues?
  • Boy am I confused now. I replaced the motor driver and now the motors are acting very odd. They only spin one at a time and keep alternating between themselves. There does not appear to be any reaction to my RC controls. Any ideas?
  • Well the servo was blown out I guess because it works correctly now after replacing it. I still can't get the two motors to blow at variable speeds though.
This reply was deleted.

Activity