According to the instructions:

"For a spektrum DSM RC receiver, connect to the SPKT/DSM port."

My only problem is that I dont know WHAT to connect....as weird as that may sound.

My receiver does not seem to have anything that I could connect to the Pixhawk with and i certainly dont have any special wires etc that came with the PiXHawk. See picture.   It seems like it would be a 3 wire microconnetor for the pixhawk with something else on the other end? 

Or does the pixhawk completely replace my spektrum receiver and i somehow bind the pixhawk to the transmitter?

Is anyone able to help.

Thanks

DC

Views: 8174

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Dustin,

The Spektrum receiver connection is meant for a Spektrum Remote Receiver: Link

Here is a link to a Spektrum Remote Receiver: Remote Receiver

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

Thanks for the info.  

What is the easiest transmitter to setup for me a newbie with my pixhawk.  It sounds like some people have some trouble with the futabas.  What type of receiver would plug into the PPM RC port?

Thanks again

DC

Dustin,

I use Spektrum too and I am having a hell of a time getting my satellite Rx communicating with my pixhawk.  I guess it's all a part of the "early adopter" experience.  :-)

http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5828&sid=8e...

I've connected the SBUS port of the X8R receiver that came with my FrSky Taranis, and everything is OK.

I bet that if I connect the CPPM port from the D8R-XPs that I use with my APM 2.0 and 2.5, it will also work as advertised.

If you have the opportunity, grab a Taranis. It's an amazing piece of hardware for $200, and it runs on open-source software, which means everything is customizable.

@Michael,

I am using a Spektrum DX7 with Spektrum Remote Receivers attached to both my Pixhawk and my PX4 and have had no problems with the Pixhawk working with the remote receivers. I am running ArduRover2 v2.44v2 beta firmware on the Pixhawk. What Spektrum Transmitter are you using with the remote receiver?

Regards,

Hi

I have the Spektrum AR7000 receiver. I disconnected the satellite receiver and tried to plug it into the Pixhawk PX4 but the connectors are not compatible. Are there any adapter cables available for this?

Alternatively, if I buy a SPM9545 satellite receiver from Spektrum will the cable be compatible with the pixhawk?

@R Shivkumar,

The three pin connector on the Spektrum Remote Receiver fits perfectly in both the Pixhawk and PX4 SPKT/DSM connector. Where are you trying to plug the Spektrum Remote Receiver into on your Pixhawk?

Regards,

Thanks for that prompt response.

I am trying to connect the cable to the port labelled "SPKT/DSM" on the Pixhawk (adjacent to the 2 pin buzzer connecter).

A first glace the Spektrum satellite receiver cable looks compatible but is not the same as the Pixhawk.

In addition to the AR7000 Spektrum receiver I also have the JR RD921 receiver. The satellite receivers on both are interchangeable i.e. the plugs are compatible. However they do not fit into the Pixhawk.

My receivers were purchased a few years ago. Has Spektrum changed the connectors in the last couple of years?

What receiver are you using? is it a Spektrum? if yes what is the part no?

The connector "SPKT/DSM" and "SWITCH" on pixhawk are both 3 pin Df13 type connectors. I examined the switch plug supplied along with the Pixhawk and it is dimensionally different from the Spektrum satellite receive connector i.e. the Spektrum connector is slightly larger and does not fit into the Pixhawk "SPKT/DSM" socket.

@R Shivkumar,

I am using a Spektrum Remote Receiver that came with an AR7000 that I purchased about 4 years ago. I am also using this Spektrum Remote Receiver: Link that I purchased this January. Both have 3 pin connectors that fit both the Pixhawk and the PX4.

Are you sure that your Spektrum Remote Receiver is a genuine Spektrum product? If it is a knockoff, they may have used different connectors and that is why it will not fit. There are quite a few Spektrum knockoffs out there that have the Spektrum logo, but are obviously not Spektrum.

Also, are your Pixhawk/PX4 genuine products. There are already clones out there that might not use the same connector.

Regards,

Thanks for the clarifications and pointers.

With regard to my Pixhawk - its a genuine product since I ordered it from 3DR. I am pretty certain that my Spektrum AR7000 Rx (and JR RD921) are also genuine.

I have taken photos for your reference - perhaps you can comment after seeing them. In the lower photo I have compared the DF13 3 pin connector of the SWITCH with the Spektrum connector (upper DF13 and lower Spektrum) 

R Shivkumar,

The connector on the Spektrum Remote Receiver in your picture looks physically like the one on my Spektrum Remote Receiver. Are you sure that you are orienting it correctly when trying to insert it in the Pixhawk connector?

Also, due to the connector locking feature, you do have to push on the Receiver connector to get it to mate assuming you have it oriented correctly in the Pixhawk connector.

Regards,

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service