Hey everybody, I'm new here. Just got my first multi rotor and I am completing the build. I can't exactly figure out what Lipo batteries to use. I'm flying an Arducopter Hexa copter b - frame. I'm using  Ac2836-358 880 KV motors with ESC's 20 amp 5v made by 3drobotics.  Any help would be appreciated. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I use 2x Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 4S 35~70C Lipo Pack which are also available in HobbyKing's US warehouse. They're fantastic batteries and support up to 8C charging rates.

• I have the Model A hex and with a 2200mAh 3s battery, it flies for about 6-minutes.  They were cheap and it was good to have a few charged while learning to fly.  A 5000mAh battery gives me a bit over 12 minutes flight time.

I STRONGLY recommend that you get a Battery Alarm and a good balance charger.

Your choice of battery is a compromise of weight and endurance.  The more weight you carry, like a heavy camera, will require larger batteries to get reasonable flight time.

• For what it's worth, with the same build (3DR Hexa-B, 880KV motors, 3DR ESCs, GoPro on board), I'm using Turnigy 4000mah 3S 40-50C batteries. I only have a few flights on each battery but so far so good. I've been self-imposing a 10 minute limit per flight because I don't have any voltage or current monitor set up yet and I'm playing it safe. That leaves a fair amount of charge on the battery after each flight and the battery stays cool. For example: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=...

• 3D Robotics

You went with the big motors, so you'll probably want a pretty big battery. I'd suggest somewhere between 3600mah and 4000mah.

This reply was deleted.

Activity