A couple days ago I replaces two arms, one attached to motor 2 and the other to motor 4. Now when I lift off the ground in GPS mode it slowly turns (as if I'm applying rudder) clockwise. If I push the rudder left about 20% to compensate and hold it there it stops rotating. All other functions are normal, Aileron, Elevator, work normally. GPS hold works as well, as long as I keep the rudder pushed left a bit. I re-calibrated the GPS, this did not help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

Current Build

TurboAce X830-D, Devo10TX, RX1002, DJI NAZA-M, GPS, Telemetry,35A ESC,BL Motors, (2x) 5300mAh+TX Batt, B601, 12” props., (FPV -  Immersion 600MW 5.8 Ghz AV TX, Immersion 600MW 5.8 Ghz AV RX, 5.8 GHZ SpiroNET Omni Antennas, Fatshark Dominator Goggles, FPV camera 600TVL Sony Super HAD CCD)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for getting back to me Luke. Same ESCs, just new arms, and yes, there was a crash that prompted me to replace the arms.  I also found that my issue was not corrected by compensating for magnetic declination or calibrating my IMU.  But check this out, I noticed one of the arms that I replace, I forgot to put the screw in place that actually goes through the motor and through the arm to hold the motor in place (I felt really stupid when I discovered this), but thought I would share. The angle of the prop was very slightly off and I didn't really notice it. I put the screw back in of course. Then I started to look more closely at the exact angle of the other props. Another one was slightly off. I dug in and checked all of the screws holding it to the body, and the threading on the one that goes through the arm into the CNC hub in the center of my Turbo Ace looked a bit odd, like I had screwed it in wrong at one point, I replace that screw making sure that the prop stood perfectly level. Now all four motors are level with the body. The weather in Chicago is crazy at the moment so hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll get a test flight in. Thanks for getting back to me on this, very much appreciated.

Peter

Spero Music
    http://www.SperoMusic.com/

http://www.speromusic.com/
  • Double check that the motors are level. If they are level why did you replace the arms? Was there a crash? Same ESC or were those swapped too?

This reply was deleted.

Activity