UAV needed

Good day,

I want to buy/build a UAV capable of mounting almost any camera with a minimum 2 kilogram payload capacity.  Quad/multi-copter.
It will be used for general aerial photography, but I would also like the option of thermal and 3D mapping.  So looking for a good all-rounder.
The problem is, although I am not new to photography, I am very new to robotics.
I have tried to study as much of the terminology as possible and will need:
Complete RTF drone with complete spare kit.
Extra battery (2 total)
Remote/Transmitter?
GPS navigation
Return home function
Multi-camera gimbal
FPV system (attachable to most cameras, decent range (a few miles), live feedback to groundstation.
Onboard telemetry with live feedback (this tells me the status of various parts of the drone if I'm right?) 
Groundstation capable of processing and receiving live videos and images (have laptop)
Software needed for thermal and 3D mapping.
Full Autopilot
Remote Camera Control (start/stop record, snapshot)
Any advise you have on how I can go about obtaining what I need will be much appreciated.
Like I said, I am new to robotics, but I do have basic electrical skills.
Thanks,
Rudi Novem

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• good idea

• Yes, same as Charlie. What did you end up going with? Something RTF or a custom job? It is an infinite labyrinth of possibilities out there.

Regards,

Michael

• T3
    Before you spend money on large equipment, I recommend getting a simple Quad and learn how to fly. These robotic systems still need pilot skills. And yes you will crash quite bit before you get a good handle on flying.

How much money do you have? Anything is possible but for what you want you'll probably not get much change back from R40 000.

Check out www.steadidrone.com

This reply was deleted.

Activity