UAVcamera setting

i have problem with my image which is blur problem. my camera (canon sx260 hs) setting is f-stop f/4, exposure time 1/1000 sec, ISO speed ISO-200, exposure bias 0 step, focal length 9mm, max aperture 4 and metering mode is pattern. my flying height about 300m and uav cruise speed 12 m/s. average airspeed 10- 18. how to get sharp image?. i hope anyone can advise me. thank you

IMG_0360.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, This post is old, but my problem is the same, with ISO 100 and shuter speed 1/1000 I have sharpness problems, What camera you have now? Thank You.

Best regards,

Guillermo

Andreas Breitenstein said:

Hi Nazrin,

The SX260 is a terrible camera for AP. Even with the smallest amount of vibration it is impossible to get sharp pictures. The vibrations are transferred to the lens, and the lens actually vibrates blurring the pictures.

I dropped it for a camera with a fixed lens and have never had a problem since.

• Could you please provide the parameter again?

your link does not work.

Thanks, 

Juan

Alex said:

Hi Nazrin,

I'm using a Canon SX230 with acceptable results :

3701780688?profile=original

The picture was done over a sunflower field, at 110m altitude.

If you want , try the parameters that I use:

http://www.myap.ro/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Gluonpilot-photomappi...

Starting with page 15.

• Hi, Nazrin

Have you solved this problem? I'm suffering from the same blur issue. If so please let me know how to get it. Thanks in advance

• Hi Nazrin,

I'm using a Canon SX230 with acceptable results :

3701780688?profile=original

The picture was done over a sunflower field, at 110m altitude.

If you want , try the parameters that I use:

http://www.myap.ro/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Gluonpilot-photomappi...

Starting with page 15.

• Hi Alex,

Do you have a live link to your parameters?  I'm using a Canon SX260HS on a 3DR Iris + and using KAP UAV script to take images for stitching.  Images are okay but not as sharp as what you've posted above.  Thanks,

Kamille

Also set focus to infinity and lock it. This will speed up the reset ready for the next photo.
  • I am using SX260 annd SX280  and pictures are ok.

ISO 400, shutter 1/2000, EV 0.

Airspeed 10-12 m/s, flight level 100-200m

• How trigger the sx280, I am findig the chdk for that, and nothing.

thanks for your help

• Marek,

Are you shooting in manual mode?  I see above your ISO and shutter, what F stop?  And lastly, how are you / do you look the focus to infinity?

TIA,

Tim

• Hi, 

normally using time (shutter) priority so f-stop depends on light conditions

This reply was deleted.

Activity