UBX-RXM-RAWX messages getting dropped

Hello All,

I am using ublox-M8 and communicating with it using the UBX protocol - https://www.u-blox.com/images/downloads/Product_Docs/u-bloxM8_ReceiverDescriptionProtocolSpec_%28UBX-13003221%29_Public.pdf

I have been able to succesfully configure the hardware to give me UBX-RXM-RAWX messages using gpsctl on my raspberry pi. 

However, I see UBX-RXM-RAWX messages getting dropped when I am outdoor. My guess was that more satellites are visible outdoors and hence the packet size could increase resulting in packet drops. So, I tried changing the baud rate from the default of 9600 to 115200. The packets are still getting dropped

Has anyone experienced a similar issue before. Any help will be highly appreciated

Thanks

M

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Mahanth,

I'm curious about exactly which version of the M8 you are using how you managed to get it to generate UBX-RXM-RAWX output using gpsctl.  I've been trying to do the same with a ublox MAX-6Q but the RXM-RAW output doesn't appear to be supported on this model.  I've seen various mentions of a RAM hack and firmware modifications but no pages or links that go into the details of what is involved.

Any more detail you can provide about your exact hardware and the technique you used would help build up my knowledge even if it doesn't solve the problem directly.

Thanks,

Dean

This reply was deleted.

Activity