I have lost multiple props on Iris+ due to inability  to immediately stop props when it  on ground or is thrashing brush after a minor wreck, etc. If a failsafe kicks in and Iris+ switches to RTL or Land, not infrequently the Iris lands on uneven ground and tilts/tips over smacking the props for prolonged time (10-20 seconds), or after minor wreck,it  continues to thrash props  to unusability despite trying to disarm with throttle down/yaw left. Last, when an accident occurred during auto-tune, the Iris+ continued to thrash the props on the ground despite trying to disarm from transmitter until I hit the manual disarm button on the top  with my shoe.

I would like to somehow stop the props from transmitter whenever I want to override whatever Iris+ is trying to do. A kill switch of some sort? I could assign it to channel 7 or 8 (and tape the switch to prevent accidental disarming).

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Same here!! One time it got off the ground on its own and smashed against a tree!, Thankfully it was just the props and there was nobody close....

You mentioned about the FailSafe on the iris+.... When does it come in or why? Is there anyway to disable it?

I am scared to fly this thing again!

• Failsafes are set by default for  geofencing at around 300 ft vertical, 900 feet radius; as well as for loss of GPS signal or loss of transmitter control. Settings are accessible in Mission Planner.  

• You can Immediately shutdown the props by switching the flight mode to stabilize and lowering the throttle completely, which is what I do as soon as I land.  The Iris+ does not come with Stabilize as a default flight mode on the controller.  Using Mission Planner I changed my AUTO to stabilize, since I use that more.  You could also switch the flight mode using DroidPlanner.  Hope that helps.

• Good to know, Dylan. Will give that a try. May set Channel 7 or 8 to Stabilize. Thanks!

This reply was deleted.

Activity