I am having problems programming an AMP2.5 using the ArduPilot-Arduino-1.0.3-gcc-4.8.2-windows IDE that I downloaded from the DIY Drone web site:

http://firmware.diydrones.com/Tools/Arduino/

I have followed the instructions "How to Build ArduPilot with Arduino.pdf" that are posted on the page.  I am able to compile the ArduPilot source code from GitHub with no errors but when I try to upload I keep getting the same error:

avrdude: error at C:\Program Files\ArduPilot-Arduino-1.0.3-windows\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf:332: programmer type must be written as "id_type"

I am kind of stumped at this point and I would appreciate any advice.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Best to join us over on discuss.  Also best to give up on the AVR boards and move to something more advanced like a Pixhawk or NAVIO2 or something like that.

• Randy said:

maybe try this link? avrdude.conf

by the way, few of the ardupilot developers use diydrones anymore.  better to look for us over on ardupilot.org. or in particular to post questions in the ardupilot forum.

and sir, I have one more question(desperately)

I want to get AHRS data so I uploaded example sketch to apm

AHRS_test.pde

I has uploaded several example sketch to apm successfully

but this time I met compiling error.

I didnt touched any source code in the example sketch but there are compile error like this :

class_ap_inertialsensor_MPU6000 has no member named 'init'

class_ap_inertialsensor_MPU6000 has no member named 'init_accel'

how can I solve this problem..?

• Thank you sir!!!! I cant thank you enough
  • Developer

maybe try this link? avrdude.conf

by the way, few of the ardupilot developers use diydrones anymore.  better to look for us over on ardupilot.org. or in particular to post questions in the ardupilot forum.

Dropbox - Link not found
    Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

• Randy said:

Ok, I think we have a problem with the installation package then.

I'm pretty sure when Tridge and I first tested the -4.8.2 version of the compiler I hit this problem and we resolved it by replacing the conf file.

Download this file: avrdude.conf

Place it in your Arduino-1.0.3/hardware/tools/avr/etc directory

Sorry for the troubles.

Sir, this link doesnt work now...

• Hey,

I just had the same problem and tried it with replacing the avrdude config, also with the older version of the ArduPilot-Arduino (4.7.2) but booth didn't work, with the older Arduino I got a simple error without description so I tried it on another win7 computer and it worked! Hope it helps someone. :)

Tried different things for two days so I'm really happy having solved the problem solved so simply!

• Developer

Ok, I think we have a problem with the installation package then.

I'm pretty sure when Tridge and I first tested the -4.8.2 version of the compiler I hit this problem and we resolved it by replacing the conf file.

Download this file: avrdude.conf

Place it in your Arduino-1.0.3/hardware/tools/avr/etc directory

Sorry for the troubles.

• Hi Randy,

I download the file and replace it.But something wrong still happen. I can not download the hex file although the ide will display like that.

avrdude: verifying ...
      avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x3c001
      0x80 != 0xf0

avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Thank you.

• hi , Randy , the website does not opened when I click the link. Just takes me to a page that says the webpage is not available. could you reupload or send to my email , my email is 614859866@qq.com , thank you .

• hi , Randy , the website does not opened when I click the link. Just takes me to a page that says the webpage is not available. could you

This reply was deleted.

Activity