Using Mission planner to change altitude

I want to take pictures at specific heights using waypoints.

I would like to add several waypoints in Mission planner, with specific altitudes, and trigger camera shutter between each waypoint. Then upload waypoints to APM. Out in the Field I want to take off manually, fly to a certain position, and then activate "Auto". The quad should then increase height until it meets the height from each waypoint, trigger camera shutter, and continue to the next waypoint.

I've tried a lot of combinations but can't get this to work. It seems like the APM just continues to the next waypoint without adjusting the height?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help med figure this out.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just throwing this out there, but I think you can set up a series of waypoints close to each other and then go into the spreadsheet and copy the same Lat-lon to every one.  After that, just set your altitude and duration in the spreadsheet as well.  I think it should make a series of identical waypoints at different altitudes.  I haven't tried it, but I don't know why it wouldn't work.

• What triggers a Waypoint being satisfied?

I thought that the Waypoint radius was set so that whenever the MR passed through that circle, the Waypoint was considered done.  So multiple Waypoints in the same location at different altitudes will all be completed at the same time.  (If you try stacking different Waypoints close to each other, better make the Waypoint Radius tiny.)

Have you tried a combination of CONDITION_CHANGE_ALT and CONDITION_DELAY ?  Put in enough delay for the MR to move up to the new Alt.

• According to the manual, it should be possible to set a waypoint With lat/lon zero to do this. But this causes it to fly away when activating Auto.

• I am not that familiar with the manual, but I think a lat/lon of 0,0 would make the APM want to go to equatorial Africa. Try setting the lat/lons equal, but to the place where you want to do the photography.
        • According to the manual lat/lon 0 should make it keep the position. I can not set waypoint lat/lon in advance, because I don't know the exact coordinates before I'm in the air. Typically placing the machine where the view is correct, often very close to walls/trees etc. Then flipping a switch to make it Climb to all predefined altitudes while taking Pictures at each altitude.

• I just realized that there seem to be something wrong. Running Arducopter 3.1.3. Missionplanner 1.3.9.

When right clicking in Mission planner Flight plan view, and choosing "Modify Alt", nothing happens. I also try to change alt in the Missinplanner FlightData screen under "Actions"-"Change Alt". Same result, nothing.

Is this a bug? Am I suppose to be able to change altitude by the way I describe ?

When creating a New waypoint With New altitude, everything Works ok. but as I said earlier, I want to stay in one Place and have a mission that just changes the altitude.

Really, no one knows?

• Nobody knows if it's possible to create a mission that change altitude while in loiter?

Missions With waypoints etc. are working just fine, but I need to stay in one Place and just change the altitude.

This reply was deleted.

Activity