V1.0.62

Had a bit of a weird one, updated from 1.0.58 to 1.0.62

Updated the software in my heli to 1.0.39b. Connected and the new mission planner is really slow. the map never updates and the HUD appears after a few secs but the rest of the screen never shows. gauges etc

Went back to 1.0.58 and everything works fine.

Suppose it might be my graphics card i'm using my old laptop.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just had the same problem upgrading from 1.0.58 to 1.0.63. Unfortunately there aren't driver updates for the card (nvidia geforce4 420 Go 32M) as they are pc manufacturer specific. I guess the only option is to stick with 1.0.58?

• Developer

Ive been testing some more today, and think im going to stick with the opengl hud. opengl 1.4 is almost 10 years old. so im going to go with that.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL

it saves cpu time and generaly makes things faster.

• Developer
    your card supports open gl 1.4 the same as my eee pc, can you try updating drivers for it
  • i tested this on i7 gen 1 GTX295 and seems to work fine so far but what I am interested in is I hope the issue with the mavlink (usb connection) getting corrupted is fixed. I noticed clicking the terminal without switching towards the RC pins causes problems making the board boot slow and you wont be able to connect when switched to flight mode. I had to back out to v.57 and reloaded the APM with the software a couple of times before it stop reseting itself when connecting to mission planner. Worst sometimes it changes the PID values randomly which caused a lot of problem.

• 3D Robotics

yes, the new versions of MP use openGL to render faster, but it does prefer modern graphics cards.

This reply was deleted.

Activity