Very strange behaviour for Quad

I took my quad out this morning to try various flight modes.  Alt hold was perfect (more or less without sonar), but when i swapped back to stablise I lost all throttle control and it went off on its own.  I could still control the direction, but that was all. 

With the throttle, it would not respond even with full throttle.  I managed to get it back to where I was and attempted to land - but nothing.  It did come back down near the ground, even landing but I couldn't cut the motors.  I had to flick between the different modes to get the motors to stop.

I'm pulling the video together now.  However, looking at the logs and google earth, it appears to have gone through many modes [some of which weren't programmed].  I'm still going through the logs, but it would be great if someone else could have a look and let me know what they think. 

2012-12-23 09-01 59.log

23-December-2012 11-14-08.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

Hi John and others, it appears [if I can read the logs right] that I was indeed flying in RTL.  What I don't get though is that I read that you can only arm the quad in stablise?

I doubled checked my config and yes, it was possible to be flying in RTL mode as I had my configuration flipped, but that's how it would have been armed too.

But would this explain the google earth differences too?  I swapped modes twice.  Once from stablise [or what I thought was stablise] to alt.hold and then back.  Yet google earth has many more changes than that.

Thanks for the input from everyone and again, I get to learn something without any damage.  You'll never get bored with cutting edge technology. (;

• Hi David

I haven't checked your log yet as I am not on my computer at this, however, if you check into my posts, you will see that I have had an experience with my hexa (apm2.5) where the motors wouldn't shut down. You can see in the log some strange behaviour at the end of the flight, where I had to switch modes to get the motors to shut down. The thottle output was not responding to my stick input. While in flight at about 1 meter, it quickly pitched back and acted strangely as if it had switched modes.

I will check your log as soon as I get a chance. 

Cheers, Steve

• T3
    Did you check and make sure GeoFence is not turned on?

Update:  I've attached the video to demonstrate the action and the fight to then bring it to the ground.

23 December 2012

There is also this video from a week ago - no changes to configuration have occured.

16 December 2012

• 3D Robotics

Sounds like your CH3 channel became disconnected. Check your wiring?

This reply was deleted.

Activity