Visual Basic + Joystick

Hello!

People, I want to developed a UAV, but first, I want understand and make same experience in ground of course... I want to move a servo in arduino by joystick. I know, we dont use Arduino, but is similar, so, I think thats ok to help me. I want to connect my arduino in PC and theJoystick USB connect in my PC. So, when I`ll move the joystick in my PCfor exemple, to the left, the servo in arduino will move to the left. Iwant to do the same, like the example below:
http://principialabs.com/joystick-control-of-a-servo/

Ok, but I want to do with Visual Basic or C# NOT in Pyton.
Anyone can I help me?
I searched in google but not sucess.... Cry

Thanks in advance!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just spotted there has been a few people asking for this code sample and just seen that there is an upload button. A bit late but might be useful for anyone else who come across this post.

vb joystick.zip

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692200224?profile=original
  • Hello All, I too would love to see this code. i know this thread is old but if somebody could email me the code, or even better, post it here for everyone to see... thank you!

zmzmbyu at hotmail dot com..

• Hi there!

I also found this post and I would really appreciate if any of you would send me the vb example.
    I'm trying to control a CNC lathe with a joystick, and this could actually help me a lot.
    Thanks!

email: pedro.m.b.cruz@gmail.com
  • James,
    I am working on a similar project where I am having some problems with Visual Basic 2010. Would you be willing to send me the VB code as well? Thanks

brmitchell04@gmail.com

Ben Mitchell
    check out this off the shelf solution.
  • No problem. I've emailed you the Visual Basic project.

James
  • Reinaldo, I haven't looked in detail at your link in but it looks like you are trying to connect a joystick to a pc and send it to a serial based servo controller?

If this is a the case I have some sample visual basic code using directinput, All this version does in read the joystick and send it it out the serial port for use with an SSC. It's fairly generic and wasn't written for use with Arduino so you could modify the output for use with whatever servo controller you like, even so it will give you a good start. Your right about google, there seems very little on the subject and most what I found was very old (VB 6). i'll see if there is somewhere I can upload the project.

James Turner
This reply was deleted.

Activity