Vortex 700 First Flight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_JZcrzBIGQ

700 Class Trex Build (Flight Video to come still in editing)

My friend and I are in the process of building a Traditional Heli. I would love to get feedback from the community.

The Vortex 700 is a Traditional style Helicopter UAS designed with Police forces and Search and Rescue in mind.  The Vortex 700 can be equipped with a variety of payloads depending upon the mission.

The Vortex 700 is designed around the Align Trex 700 Dominator mechanics, a proven, reliable helicopter.

The Vortex 700
Specifications:
Length:  53 in.
Height:  22 in.
Width:  8 in.
Main Rotor Diameter: 62 in
Empty Weight: 9 lbs.
Calculated Flight endurance: 30-45 min
Range:  2 miles (C2 Link depended) 
Payload: 4 lbs
Auto Pilot: PixHawk from 3D Robotics

sophisticatedrc.com

Views: 2077

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm curious if you are going to be building this craft for resale or just for operating?  I've just been getting into apm controlled quads and airplanes for mapping purposes but here in Northern Canada, I don't think there is a better platform than a heli.  Will this kind of system become plug and play, something that can be learned yourself, or is it too dangerous for that?

We have discussed resale on this platform. If you are interested we are willing to work this out for you. PM me if you would like to discuss this more. 

I can build it as a RTF system and including training in the cost. 

Visit our site:

www.sophisticatedunmannedsolutions.com

Joe

the 700 is alive again after a landing gear failure and blade strike. 

test flew it last Sunday and i plane to complete the fine tuning this coming weekend. I will report the results. 

thanks

joe

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service