Weird 3 Axis Camera Gimbal Operation

Hi Guys,

I seem to have encountered some weird camera gimbal operation with APM 2.5 and MP 1.2.22. I have used the APM 2.0 before with camera stab fine with pitch and yaw. This is the first time I have used all three camera axes - pitch, roll and yaw on APM 2.5. I have configured the pitch, roll and yaw for Aux Ch 11,10, and 9 respectively. All 3 RC input channels for these ACs have been disabled. If I disable pan stab, the pitch stab and roll stab servos work correctly. However, if I enable pan stab, the pitch stab and roll stab servos reactions become exhanged (i.e. the pan stab servo reacts with rolling action and vice versa)! The MNT_MODE is set at RC_Targeting. I tried other modes but the only ones working are RC_Targeting and MAVLink_targeting which have the same reaction. There also doesn't seem to be any docs on the these MNT_Modes so I am just guessing. Shouldn't the pan servo react to a heading (change) as it should be? Any of you guys had the same observation? Thanks for any help.

Serg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Since no one has replied to this thread, it looks like nobody has really tried using the pan servo output of APM or attempted to enable it in the code. :(  

• An additional observation is that the pan stab servo is not responding at all to any motion of the APM. There seems to be no servo signal to the motor since I do not encounter resistance when I try to rotate it slightly. And the pan servo works when I switch it with the others.  

• Btw, I am using the latest ArduPlane 2.67 code

This reply was deleted.

Activity