Not sure how to search on this or if this has been discussed before.

So I finally put together my quad with the APM2.5+ and have flown it a few times and while I am flying it there is this random twitch where the quad rolls to the side just for very brief part of a second of time.  During a 15 min flight it will do it a dozen times or so.

I had the same APM2.5 board on a F450 a few months ago and noticed the same sort of glitch.  Its like it randomly over corrects by a lot but only for tenths of a second then back to normal.   Seems to only happen when I am moving it around and not when it is just hovering.

Does anyone know what could be causing this to happen?

The DJI F450 I had it on had the 3DR 880KV motors and blue series ESCs and the new quad which is a SteadiDrone QUAD has nicer 900KV t-motors and different ESCs (the 4 in 1 ESC)..  so seems related to the APM and not the equipment since the equipment has all changed and similar problem.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am using a Futaba 6ex with a 606fs Rx and soldered ESC wires... I and am getting the same described twitches. My 2.6 APM was shipped last month could it need this firmware update? Is there an issue if I update and it is not needed?

• MR60

Glad you found the problem.

Moral of the story : a chinese T9X cheapo Radio for 50$ plus a free firmware upgrade (to Open9x or ER9x) and a 25$ Frysky 8Ch module is much less prone to user's frustrations/issues than these expensive Futaba's or Spektrum's radios.

• You haven't said what radio gear you are using.

There was a known issue with Futaba Rx's (I use these) which required an upgrade of the ArduPPM code on the board, which is a totally separate thing to the usual firmware we upload.

Once done all my twitching went away.

I also assume that you are not using bullet connectors and the like in your motor circuits.

• I've also seen this on all of my quads.  I've never been able to find the source. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity