What 3D Design software do you recommend for designing a drone and its parts?

I have been using only 123D Design so far and its been great but I'm wondering if there is a better software. I would be willing to pay some money for a better software.

As well I am curious to know if there is a software to test aerodynamics for drone and just testing drone aerodynamics in general.

Thanks in advance!

Views: 1309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I switched from 123D to Designspark mechanical (also free) a while ago.   It has a few more features with managing components and versions, and seems a little better suited to 'engineering' type of projects than 123D.

Screenshot below the UI.  This is the bottom half of a frame I'm working on now.  I made mockup models of a Lidar-lite, pxflow, and my VTX to act as placeholders in the model.

Thanks for the reply, I will see to be using the software soon!

Aerodynamics: Aeolus ASP provides fast model generation, aerodynamic analysis and optimization. Its a free tool and allows you to test different configurations and immediately see the effect on aerodynamics, performance etc.

Aeolus ASP free download: https://www.aeolus-aero.com/software/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service