What to do if you are not able to get your questions answered here...

I have scanned this particular forum going back to early 2013, and have seen so many worthy ideas and questions that have received little or no feedback.

My recommendation is that if you post a question here, and are not able to get the answers you need  within a week or two, go to Youtube and do some searches there. There is a lot of info there, even uncommon concepts, and real innovation. If you don't find the answers you are looking for there, you might instead find another way to do the same thing, such as an advanced google/internet search.

Views: 3138

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

@Nathaniel Caner

- Watch out! saying something like "the search tool here on dydrones.com is terrible!" might get you a lot of hostile replies! lol... - Oh, that';s right, you are a Moderator, so you are probably safe! lol...

@ J Smith:   It's a well know issue which we have no control over.  We are hoping NING will come out with better tools like search.

Not to worry, @Nathaniel Caner's pretty safe on that.

SgtRic,

Thanks for the supporting confirmation. Ning 3.0 has been rumored for what seems like ages :) We can only hope it will have better tools at our disposal. For one I wish we had the ability to search within the confines of an individual forum post or group. Some of the Forum posts are ridiculously long. The one for the MinimOSD Extra project is over 340 pages long! It's impossible to keep up with all the replies people leave. Or if you want to go back and find something you know you read but weren't quite sure where........oh I feel a headache coming on :)

Regards,

Nathaniel ~KD2DEY

Hi sorry to jump in to the middle of this misunderstanding but im kind of bored while waiting for my batteries to recharge for my multirotors.

I cant wait for hybrid fuel cells or anything that can keep my toys up in the fun for more than 15 to 20 mins at a time.

I think we would all be too busy to define what a "TROLL" is.
just saying

@Nathaniel,

Agreed, the present NING search function is wanting.

Many users decry our forum layout because how hard it is to keep up with posts in a large forum thread or group, and say they prefer a more linear forum layout like at RCG, but I get frustrated using those "linear" styles simply because you cannot post replies to posts that are not current.  Any comments you wish to leave regarding a post made a week ago, say, on our style forum get made directly to that post, while in the other style, they appear perhaps pages later, and are much harder to follow.

Regarding:

@Reply by armen t

Lol... ok...

As far as batteries are concerned, you might want to check out, and keep on top of developments regarding whatv is called an "Aluminum-Air" battery. It is a technology that has essentially been proven, but still being worked on, I think it has much promise for multirotors. Its drawbacks could actually be turned around into benefits.

@Sgt Rick

I like out current format as well for the same reasons. I just wish I could limit a search to within that forum post.

Regards,

Nathaniel ~KD2DEY

Regarding:

@Reply by Sgt Ric

Very good points, If I were to make a wish, I think that when someone starts a new discussion/thread, they should be able to eliminate negative replies/comments.

When someone makes a positive or neutral reply/comment, there is no motivation to delete it, so any worthy reply/comment would tend to remain, while negative, insulting or troll-ish comments could be deleted, thus leaving a much better overal experience both for the author and for viewers.

Electronics sure, but there are also some gems on this forum where some very skilled individuals discuss topics like advanced aerodynamics and sensor fusion algorithms. You know..  rocket science... :)

Thanks i will.
couple days ago diydrones had a story about 2.5 hrs of flight from hybrid batteries or something to that effect.
i think im gonna hold off on any new purchase of multi-rotors until the big jump from less than 30mins to hopefully above 30+ mins

I have emailed Horizon Fuel Cell several times with no reply, and just did yesterday.

BTW, why is this discussion still at #1? It should be locked.

+10

six pages of nothing...

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service