Which will be the good flight controller?

Hi all,

I have an Intel Edison and its Arduino Expansion board. I am thinking to make a drone (hexacopter) controlled by Intel Edison and not through radio control. I am thinking to send controlling commands to Edison and then Edison will communicate to flight controller to do pitch, roll or yaw. But I was unable to look for good flight controller to do this project. Pixhawk flight controller is one in mind, so that I will send commands to Pixhawk flight controller through serial link. I am not sure whether I am thinking right or wrong. Can anyone please suggest me best method to do so?

Thanks,

Durgesh

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, You want to build a drone for hexacopter? There are a lots of flight controllers on the market now. I suggest you should know what's drone features do you need to build? becuase difference FC have difference sensors including Gyro, GPS , Accelerometer, dynamic etc. Also have difference flight modes ( Heading hold, autohover, position hold etc.). Then you consider which flight controller is the best for your requirements. For hexacopter, you can consider these FC APM, Openpilot, Acro etc. I found a good article which make a comparison chart of  lots of flight controller for drone http://www.rcdronegood.com/flight-controller-board-comparison . Listed the popular FC and compare with their features and flight modes. After reading that you can find the right flight controller for your hexacopter. Good lucky!

Quadcopter Flight Controller Board Comparison
    Before you purchasing the best quadcopter flight controller, I suggest you make the flight controller comparison, then choose one which is best for y…
  • No, it is closed source, all software from ground are developed by TopXGun

wxjlgh said:

Is it open source?

TopXgun Linda said:

Do you know TopXGun flight controller?

www.topxgun.com

• Is it open source?

TopXgun Linda said:

Do you know TopXGun flight controller?

www.topxgun.com

• Do you know TopXGun flight controller?

www.topxgun.com

拓攻机器人-让天下没有难用的无人机
    拓攻机器人是专业无人机飞控系统及应用解决方案提供商,提供无人控制领域的核心部件和整机方案服务。 我们坚持“开放、合作、共赢”的理念,积极寻求合作伙伴共同创新,形成健康良性的无人机产业生态系统,推动无人机行业持续发展。 以飞控为核心,我们面向各个行业推出针对性的无人机应用解决方案,目前已涵盖安防警用…
  • How to choose the best flight controller for your quadcopter or multicopter? The is probably the first few questions you ask before building your own quadcopter or multicopter.

Some Flight controllers includes the IMU and some don’t. It’s definitely a bonus if it does.

There are two main things to considering when choosing the best flight controller for your drone.

Flying capabilities

• Gyro Stabilization – the ability to easily keep the copter stable and level under the pilot’s control. This is a standard feature of all flight control boards.
    • Self Leveling – the ability to let go of the pitch and roll stick on the transmitter and have the copter stay level.
    • Care Free– The pilot can control the copter as if it is pointing in its original direction as the orientation of the copter changes.
    • Altitude Hold – the ability to hover a certain distance from the ground without having to manually adjust the throttle.
    • Position Hold – the ability to hover at a specific location.
    • Return Home – the ability to automatically return to the point where the copter initially took off.
    • Waypoint Navigation – the ability to set specific points on a map that copter will follow as part of a flight plan.

Pricing

• Low – less than $100
    • Medium – $100-300
    • High – $300+.

The quality of the software, components, and build must be taken into consideration when evaluating these boards. The forum and social media links above are a great place to research opinions on these factors. Oracle DBA Training | SQL Server DBA Training | Core Java Training | Dot Net Training | J2EE Training | Mainframe Training

Java Online Training , Java & J2EE Online Course - Gangboard
    Get Best Java Online Training Offered by Certified Experts. We Providing best java online training Classes with Practical Sessions & 24/7 lab support.
  • How to choose the best flight controller for your quadcopter or multicopter? The is probably the first few questions you ask before building your own quadcopter or multicopter.

Some Flight controllers includes the IMU and some don’t. It’s definitely a bonus if it does.

There are two main things to considering when choosing the best flight controller for your drone.

Flying capabilities

• Gyro Stabilization – the ability to easily keep the copter stable and level under the pilot’s control. This is a standard feature of all flight control boards.
    • Self Leveling – the ability to let go of the pitch and roll stick on the transmitter and have the copter stay level.
    • Care Free– The pilot can control the copter as if it is pointing in its original direction as the orientation of the copter changes.
    • Altitude Hold – the ability to hover a certain distance from the ground without having to manually adjust the throttle.
    • Position Hold – the ability to hover at a specific location.
    • Return Home – the ability to automatically return to the point where the copter initially took off.
    • Waypoint Navigation – the ability to set specific points on a map that copter will follow as part of a flight plan.

Pricing

• Low – less than $100
    • Medium – $100-300
    • High – $300+.

The quality of the software, components, and build must be taken into consideration when evaluating these boards. The forum and social media links above are a great place to research opinions on these factors. Oracle DBA Training | SQL Server DBA Training | Core Java Training | Dot Net Training | J2EE Training | Mainframe Training

Java Online Training , Java & J2EE Online Course - Gangboard
    Get Best Java Online Training Offered by Certified Experts. We Providing best java online training Classes with Practical Sessions & 24/7 lab support.
  • What do you guys think of Pixhawk for heavy multirotor with camera system and other electronics? It also have all the features including auto leveling, GPS, position and altutude hold???

• For beginners the Naze32 is not the best bet. KK2.1 was much easier to get going. Naze32 is technically superior, but it isn't something I'd recommend to beginners. I've heard reviews that the Naze32 flies well "out of the box", but that is BS. It flies okay, but to get it flying well takes a lot of configuration. Same with the KK, but there you have an LCD and can change settings without connecting to a PC (which is unbelievably convenient). Don't get me wrong, both are excellent FC's, just I wouldn't recommend the Naze32 to an absolute beginner. The FC probably isn't the most expensive part of your build so if in doubt, start with something simple and easy to configure and then upgrade later if you feel the need. Selenium Training in Chennai | Software Testing Training in Chennai

Selenium Training in Chennai | Selenium Course in Chennai
    Get Selenium Training in Chennai with experienced Trainers. We Provides Best Selenium Training Course with in-depth practical knowledge and 100% Job…
    • HI,

Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate it.

I was looking for a drone for ariel recording with gimbal and camera. I dont want to built racing quad or so. Since I want my Edison to control the flight controller, I came up to pixhawk. It has serial bus from where I cam send commands serially and also its open source. I can program it however I want for interrupt signals from Intel Edison. And also it is very good flight controller, as I know. What do you think? 

Regards

• How to Choose a Flight Controller?

A good pilot needs a good flight controller, but one FC isn’t always better than the other. Sometimes it depends on many factors, such as what type of flying you plan to do, and what kind of multicopter you are flying with. For example some flight controllers are easier to setup, some are better with small size aircraft, while some can do GPS and some cannot.

Also there are many clones on the market; they might appear to be similar and cheaper because of the low quality components they use. You will be putting your whole quadcopter at risk if an untrusted flight controller is used.

Conclusion:

It depends on the platform involved.  If I were to set up a race quad or just any kind of multirotor that doesn't need GPS, it would be the Naze32.  If I were to build a full-blown camera platform, I'd take the Vector.  I find these two to be the easiest to tune, have the most features, have the best price, and perform well after minimal adjustment. 

QTP Training in Chennai | Software Testing Training in Chennai | Primavera Training in Chennai | Big Data Training in Chennai

QTP Training in Chennai, OMR | Best QTP Training Institutes in Chennai, OMR
    QTP training in chennai offered with 100% placement assistance. Best QTP training in Chennai by Besant Technologies, OMR with certified experts.
This reply was deleted.

Activity