I have successfully built an API that will work with Ipad/ Iphone and will be able to port it to Android. This app can create missions, follow live mavlink .9 (Still working on 1.0) data with telemetry data. Cool thing is that it is a cheap cable to make. I want to know how many people would be interested in this App and the cable. There will be two versions one for jail broke devices that will have a few extras and for regular IOS and Droid OS. If there enough buzz I will give a lucky few in couple weeks a free beta pass through iTunes to be able to test and use for flight. What the app does is that it send a mavlink message to the xbee or 3d radio back and forth so you be able to fly and track using your tablet or phone.

https://code.google.com/p/airmavgcs/ 

Project Home

3690943318?profile=original

3690943370?profile=original3690943422?profile=original3690943404?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Android Ground station is here: http://www.diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/android-ground-controller-a...

Very fast progress in development, Works perfectly with 3DR radio and direct USB connection between Android device and ardupilot.

very promising.

• you have connected only the rx and tx of 3dr radio with bluesmirf. What about the rts and cts pins at both 3dr radio and bluesmirf, no need to connect them? 

• Morning and yes I am alive,

Your right about the new born. That boy keeps me busy. However, I lost my two programmer due to holiday and job changes. We have the hardware designed and approved to make it easier to connect to the devices. Also, have a raspberry pi device for stand alone tracking and in flight control. You can ssh with Ipad or Android without have to install a app. Thanks to my German friend and mavproxy for that concept. Instructions for that will be out. Ipad and iphone have finally got google maps back since I rewritten the code for IOS6 flight was off one reason for no release. the new google maps app api key are a issue though. Android kinks are working out and have another testers working with the software. Once all the kinks are worked out a release will be out soon. 2.5+ hardware is having issue though with Pids changes so looking at ardupilot and arducopter software to see if there is a some blocks. 2.0 pids change without any problem. Well hope everyone had a nice holiday. My theory on release a product or software needs to be completed without issues. My father told me never do something half a$$ so do it right the first time so you don't have to fix it later.

• Hey! I would love to fly my Hexa via Iphone! Did you set up a "Follow me" function by any chance?

• I'd like to try to get in on and follow this project. I'm building my first quadcopter soon and will be using the ArduPilot. Congratulations on the little one. Take your time on this stuff and make the baby your priority.
  • Hi,

Do you have any more newson this app thats coming out?

Thx 

• Oi, you lot!

I just bought a more expensive TV PURELY on the basis that it came with a free android tablet!! 

Any news?

• with this app will u be able to use the follow me feature, so it will follow a iphone without the laptop?

• any news ? why let the lawsuit company delay Android version ? - wish you released it soon.

• I just finish my MAVLink Java Generator!

Command line arguments are :
      source : directory path containing xml files to parse for generation
      target : directory path for output Java source files
      isLittleEndian : true if type are stored in LittleEndian in buffer, false for BigEndian
      forEmbeddedJava : true if generated code must use apis for embedded code, false else
      debug : true to generate toString methods in each message class

Example :
      java org.mavlink.generator.MAVLinkGenerator resources/v1.0 target/ true true true true
    Generate MAVLink message Java classes for mavlink xml files contains in resources/v1.0 in target diretory for Little Endian data, embedded code with debug code.

It is architectured with 3 Eclipse Java projects.
    org.mavlink.generator : contains the generator and MAVLink xml files. Generated code is put in org.mavlink.library/generated folder.
    org.mavlink.library : Helpers for MAVLink and message. Contains generated code from generator.
    org.mavlink.util : CRC classes uses by generator and library.

After code generation, 2 jar descriptors in org.mavlink.library and org.mavlink.util projects can be used to generate jars for your application...

See readme files in org.mavlink.library and org.mavlink.generator projects...

I think you can use it for Android because if you generate for embedded, API used can be used in all JVM and CLDC libs...
    But i suppose in Android you can use too ground station generated code...

I join the zip file : have fun!
    If you find bugs, you want new features or have any questions, don't hesitate to write me!

Best regards

Guillaume Helle

JavaMAVLink.zip

This reply was deleted.

Activity