Iphone and Android App Ground Control Station with Mavlink is in Progress

I have successfully built an API that will work with Ipad/ Iphone and will be able to port it to Android. This app can create missions, follow live mavlink .9 (Still working on 1.0) data with telemetry data. Cool thing is that it is a cheap cable to make. I want to know how many people would be interested in this App and the cable. There will be two versions one for jail broke devices that will have a few extras and for regular IOS and Droid OS. If there enough buzz I will give a lucky few in couple weeks a free beta pass through iTunes to be able to test and use for flight. What the app does is that it send a mavlink message to the xbee or 3d radio back and forth so you be able to fly and track using your tablet or phone.

https://code.google.com/p/airmavgcs/ 

Project Home

Views: 27306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, hasn't been tested much though.

Android is not delayed. There is only 2 people working on code at this time and one IOS only and the android programmer little slow. I been working on the mavlink interface to be able to send signals without delays.

good, had the impression that the software was ready for testing, and we waited for some apple related stuff.

Oi, you lot!

I just bought a more expensive TV PURELY on the basis that it came with a free android tablet!! 

Any news?

soon 5 months since the announcement, - vaporware ?

Sorry still working on project just not as fast since kid arrived. I have been working with less bluetooth and been working on udp link that will send and receive messages through the radios. I havn't released any code yet because it not stable enough for others to test. I don't want to be reliable for someone plane or helo to eat the dirt. Also, been tested one of thos raspberry pi as a link mavlink server with mavproxy commands. Working on a Nexus 7 android to. The display little off and the math keeps changing values to high. I set the values but the APM 2.0 changes them in flight. Then change them back then they go back to whatever the apm wants them to. So the tablet is not just send and saving settings to apm it changing it. So that what going on. Apple is a waiting game forever. Invested alot a coin on them and they are still taking forever. Move google maps back on revision since Apple map services sucks now on IOS 6. Going to try a galaxy note this weekend if weather is nice. This flight depends on early release or not.

Well, considering the red tape Apple puts up and the fact that he has a "normal" job and a new baby would make it seem like 5 months is a fairly short time to get it all together? Not only that but developing something for both iOS and Android isn't necessarily a trivial task for a group of people, let alone a single person working on it so making accusations of vaporware after a mere 5 months given the circumstances seems a bit harsh wouldn't you think?

Keep up the good work Zach. I think the progress you're making is great! I hope you're enjoying the kid too. We have our third coming in a couple more months and then we'll have three under 4. That should be a lot of fun!

Zach, I hope you did not take offense to my comments, really no need to apologise!!!

I was simply bumping the thread as I'm fascinated, excited and really looking forward to your releases.

I know all to well the effect work/babies/RL in general can have on a project like this, no hurry boys, just wanted to make you aware that we are all still behind you and really appreciate the efforts.

Oh my android tab has gps... this is begging for some 'follow me' code, don't you reckon :D

Not at all I been in 3 combat tours in my life and have pretty though skin. However, your remarks was not offensive at all. Sorry about not getting updates as much as I like. I been working and testing as much as a can. I tried to fly test last weekend but too windy 35mph-60mph so not good conditions. Building a lab to test sim so I make sure APM2 or PX4 doesn't lockup during test. I hear some people are having lockups with normal laptop configurations and I want to work on a API that can reboot the system in flight if there a lockup. Working a failsafe. Just it hard to turn C# to Objective C for special classes.

Hi,

Do you have any more newson this app thats coming out?

Thx 

@Zachary Eldridge

Hi,

Sorry for bumping in on this thread. Congratulations on becoming a father btw :-)

I am Emil from Denmark and new to the UAV world. I currently spent my spare time on Military Simulation (MilSim) where we use "toy guns" that basically fires plastic pellets (Airsoft). Our team and the community have in a long time been looking for a UAV that we can use in tactical skirmishes. 

We have been looking at the new developed Head's Up Display from Recon Instruments that uses Android based software. The HUD works together with a smartphone (IOS or Android) where you can pull data to the HUD from GPS data, so called buddy tracking where you are mapping other users around you. Weather, temp, air pressure, and so on. The HUD is marketed for ski sports. Also their new MOD Live edition supports bluetooth VDP with Contour bluetooth cameras so you can connect your contour camera and have a viewfinder. 

1st.

What I would like to ask you is whether it is possible to build a bluetooth VDP module that supports connection of other types of cameras with an AV/BCN input so you can use other cameras to connect to the viewfinder mode?

2st. 

Implementing a UAV to the HUD so you can switch to a live-feed from a camera mounted on the UAV. For controlling waypoints you should use a wrist mounted smartphone to quickly place different waypoints on a map or even better quickly mark a place you want the UAV to hoover around in a desired radius and altitude for even easier deployment. 

About the 1st. question please let me know if I can contact you about you helping me creative such a module. Since I have already set my mind to complete this project but haven't yet found someone who have the knowledge and skill set to complete such a task I would really appreciate if you could help.

I really hope you could help us out. The MilSim community is huge and worldwide. We are serious about the stuff and would really appreciate if you would consider helping us :-) 

Thanks and sorry for the OT 

Emil

I think he has learned the meaning of new born    :D

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service